1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Classic TV on DVD- The Lists: Animated Series, Children's shows

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by TVonDVDJunkie05, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    Thanks for the info about the missing NZR episodes. I didn't know... I'll try to get those.

Oh, and I've seen that gag you're talking about. that is absolutely hilarious! no telling what else went on when the camera weren't rolling with those crazy folks. :)

2. LeoA

LeoA Cinematographer

Leo
    What about stuff like Disney's 'The Little House' from 1952 that doesn't fit neatly in a series like their Silly Symphonies line or features a common character that is seen across multiple shorts?

3. mayberry66guy

mayberry66guy Stunt Coordinator

Phil
    Great lists!!!

Under Rankin-Bass, you can add the following:

Festival of Family Classics: 16 of the 20 episodes have been released on various DVDs

King Kong Show: 2 volumes of toons featuring King Kong segments and Tom Thumb 007 segments

Several other episodes of R-B shows were released on VHS but never found their way to DVD.

4. Likecats

Likecats Stunt Coordinator

William
    The Houndcats and The Barkleys from 1971 are now released on dvd in one set.

5. TVonDVDJunkie05

TVonDVDJunkie05 Second Unit

Nick
    FYI,

Many of the Hanna-Barbera releases have gone out of print, I have updated the list to indicate which ones. I am a bit surprised by this, why wouldn't Warner Bros. just re-issue these sets, at least some of the more popular ones like The Flintstones or Jonny Quest?!

6. 26 Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    TVSnobsNeedNotApply

TVSnobsNeedNotApply Auditioning

Myron
    Or put them in the cloud and charge a reasonable subscription fee. The copyright holders need to get with the times and embrace technology. Discs are always nice for an archive and offline viewing, but the future is in video on demand (both environmentally and economically). Likely, it'll happen once the majority of the 4 billion people without internet access get online.

7. Sa5150

Sa5150 Stunt Coordinator

steve
    anyone know if the Ant and the Aardvark bluray set is the theatrical versions or does it have the laugh tracks ? I'm hoping for no laugh tracks .

8. mayberry66guy

mayberry66guy Stunt Coordinator

Phil
    According to the "Think Pink" group on Facebook, comic historian Mark Arnold reports that there are NO laugh tracks on any of the shorts for The Ant and the Aardvark, or The Inspector being prepared for release by Kino Lorber. The exception will be the releases for Crazy Legs Crane and Misterjaw.

Dave Lawrence and Sa5150 like this.
  9. Tony J Case

Tony J Case Cinematographer

No Sid and Marty Krofft shows? No Land of the Lost? No HR Puffinstuff? Epic fail!

Also, you've missed a bunch of anime. At quick glance, you've got the Speed Racer but no Star Blazers, Robotech, Battle of the Planets, Astro Boy and Gigantor.

10. Sa5150

Sa5150 Stunt Coordinator

steve
    Looks like the laugh tracks are on the bluray according to bluray.com new review :( , Why do they say there no laugh tracks on facebook ?