What's new

Cinepro: Bridging or Bi-Wiring - Is there a difference? (1 Viewer)

Jack Smith

Agent
I am currently running my front speakers in a bridged mode and they seem to really be overpowering my rear surrounds. I am using my Denon 5800 as a pre-pro only; the amp powering my three front speakers in a bridged mode is the Cinepro 3k6SE I (375-watts x6); my four rear surrounds are powered by a Cinepro 2k5 II (250 watts x 5). My main question, is bi-wiring the front speakers a better option, and is there an audible difference.

Still have that slight hum thingy going. And is there a good insurance policy that actually replaces equipment lost due to fire, theft, flooding, etc?

Equipment list:

-Boltz rack

-Klipsch RF7's up front

-Klipsch RC7 center

-Klipsch RS7 surrounds

-Klipsch RF3 (2) center surround position

-SVS 16/46c subs (pair)

-Denon 5800 as pre-pro

-Cinepro 3k6SE I

-Cinepro 2k5 II

-Pioneer 606/dts/ac3 LD

-Samson Sub Amp

-Directv/Microsoft Ultimate dbs

-Monster 3500 surgey thingy

-Monster Z-2 speaker cables up front (banana clips)

-Monster HT cable to rear surrounds (banana clips)

-Monster Z-1 sub cables

-Monster Z and M series interconnects

-Recliner chairs courtesy of Sam's Club

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I am currently running my front speakers in a bridged mode and they seem to really be overpowering my rear surrounds.
Hi Jack, the first thing that popped in my head when I read this was "are all channels calibrated using a calibration disk such as Avia or VE?" I see you have more amplification to your front speakers, but are your fronts blowing away your rears at lower volume levels? If so, sounds like your channels are not all balanced.

BTW, how do you like the Cinepro amps in general? I've had my eye on them for a while now.

Jack Smith

Agent
Scott...

The amps are absolutely wonderful and very addictive. They are sweet to music and movies...and extremely dynamic on the sci-fi and action movie front (in fact, I think I may have damaged my hearing last nite). If you're thinking about buying, seriously consider their "close outs". Both my 3k6SE I and 2k5 II are used/close outs (the 3k6SE belonged to Cinepro president, Eric Abraham). These units are completely reconditioned and updated, and come with a full warranty. Anyway, it's the kind of company where the customer can call and address his/her comments directly to the company president (nice, huh?). What the hell am I going to do with all that great power? I don't have a clue, but, when I do get a clue...the power is there.

To your question, no, I did not use Avia or VE. I used my Denon's white noise level adjuster and just decided to leave all channels at zero, except for the rear center surrounds (RF3's), which are boosted to +6dbs, since they are not nearly as efficient as the RF7 series speakers. I might use my Radio Shack meter and set all speakers to 75db, which is fantastic for me, since I am sitting in the "sweet spot", but for the person sitting to the left of me, they're screwed. My other option is to use the 3k6SE to power the fronts and two surrounds, and use the 2k5 II on the center surrounds. Love the amps so much, I now listen to music in stereo or direct, and practically ignore the 5.1 & 7.1 music modes. The stereo imaging is so perfect, it actually seems like some elements of the music is coming from the surrounds...sweet.

we are the borg...

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the thoughts Jack. I've heard so many good things about the Cinepro amps that I'll definitely demo them before making any decisions.

To your question about insurance: I have Erie insurance and under my homeowners' policy, all of my stuff is covered. The one thing to make sure of is that you have enough personal property insurance to cover all of that nice equipment you have. And as a backup, we went around the house and videotaped each room so the claims adjuster could see what we have. Also, I have a folder with all the receipts from my HT equipment. I don't know of any policies specifically for HT stuff, however.

Take care!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks