What's new

Cinemax: Strike Back (1 Viewer)

David S. Peterson

Stunt Coordinator
I have enjoyed the first three episodes of this show on Cinemax. Sort of a uncensored '24' - British counter terrorist unit. Cinemax is repeating the episodes this Friday with the holiday weekend and continues new episodes the following Friday.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Whoever that Irish chick was, her tits deserve an Emmy nomination. I'm with it. Characters haven't quite clicked with me all the way, but they're definitely spending some serious cash on this thing. First three episodes didn't look cheap at all, and it's nice that they're taking the time to do some terrific squib-work, when it would so easy for them to go with bargain-basement CGI. We have to wait two weeks to find out if they killed off one of the co-leads? Surely he must be dead. I mean, we all saw that explosion. That's proof enough for me. Good turn by Liam Cunningham as the former IRA member-turned-mercenary.

David S. Peterson

Stunt Coordinator
At first I kept trying to remember where I had seen the actor who plays Stonebridge. It was the guy who played Robinson Crusoe on the Crusoe series a few years back. So you have an Aussie playing the American character and an American playing the Brit character.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Are as many folks shot in the head in the first season? Or is that a stylistic decision implemented by Cinemax? I mean, damn. I can understand the team being upset over the death of one of their own, but still pretty dumb to kill off Liam Cunningham without torturing some intel out of him first. No wonder Latif always manages to evade them. Next week's guest star is the guy from Game of Thrones who reminds me of Ridley Scott. Looking forward to it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
David S. Peterson said:
So you have an Aussie playing the American character and an American playing the Brit character.
I read that also....Pretty funny.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Not 5 minutes go by before we get four chumps capped in the skull, followed by Scott performing oral, and that's with a good 90 seconds allotted for the theme song. "What about the old woman?" "She is worthless." I can't wait for that scumbag heroin kingpin to get his, not to mention that piece-of-shit Major Donohue. Oh, it's gonna be sweet. (I do dislike the fact that the show continues to perpetuate the stereotype that Sudanese pre-teens are ALL excellent grenade-throwers. That's a blanket statement which I think might be slightly unfair to Sudanese pre-teens who are excellent marksmen with AKs.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks