NBC 5 minute preview of Season 4 - http://tinyurl.com/22rhfn8

and

NBC -'The Wait Is Over' 1 minute highlight clip - http://tinyurl.com/2a67t62

3 more sleeps!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Superior start with almost all the lies issues put to rest right off the top. Didn't like the Ellie scene even though I knew it was coming.

Harry Dean - RepoMan - Stanton was hilarious.

One thing for sure Linda Hamilton IS MamaB!
cool.gif

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Loved it. Especially loved the Indiana Jones style map lines with the Nerd Herd stick figure. Did they get a bigger budget for this season? This pilot was epic in a way that none of last season's episodes were, as great as last season was.

I missed the opening credits; are Big Mike et al still regular cast members now that the CIA has taken over the Buy More?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah. They added the General to the shot of Jeffster (where Anna used to be). Big Mike was there, too. They'll probably figure out they can't run the store too well and bring in the real workers to handle that end.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Absolutely loved the episode. That being said, there were a few things that bothered me...

Really hated Chuck's new hair style. Olivia Munn? Really? I guess Paris Hilton wasn't available. I will try and keep an open mind, hopefully she can actually act although her brief scenes in the opening episode would suggest no. We will see. Finally, making Ellie pregnant is going to be really annoying. Personally, if the choice was making her character pregnant or killing her off I would have choose the latter. Babies/pregnancy are show killers.

Of course I had misgivings about season 3 when they announced the cut backs and, for the most part, that turned out okay. Hopefully season 4 will be at least as good.

Yeah, Chuck is back!!

-Keith

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Greg! That's good to know. As much as I loved the season opener, it'd be a shame not to have Big Mike and Jeffster hanging around the margins.

Originally Posted by Keith Plucker

Really hated Chuck's new hair style.

I dug it. I love the slow transformation they've made with Chuck from hopeless dweeb to someone that could plausibly fit the bill as a master spy. The haircut continues that transition, so that he can look the part when he needs to. It reminds me of Zachary Levi's hair from Less Than Perfect, only less douche-y.

Olivia Munn? Really? I guess Paris Hilton wasn't available. I will try and keep an open mind, hopefully she can actually act although her brief scenes in the opening episode would suggest no. We will see.

Actually,

we won't. Munn was playing the first of a series of one-off Buy More employees named Greta. Each episode will have a different "Greta" in the Buy More, sort of like the secretaries on "Murphy Brown". So don't work, she should be gone next week.
Finally, making Ellie pregnant is going to be really annoying. Personally, if the choice was making her character pregnant or killing her off I would have choose the latter. Babies/pregnancy are show killers.

If it were Sarah that was pregnant, I'd agree with you. But Ellie and Awesome are secondary characters, so their baby won't have to change the dynamic of the show like it would if it were being born to the leads.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Agree. Sarah shouldn't be pregnant until the twelth season, when Team Bartowski is fighting vampire robots from Mars. But, Ellie being pregnant doesn't hurt anything and makes sense. I'm sure it's going to make Devon want to get his family away from Chuck all the more.

Olivia Munn. Nice looking and all, but I'm not a fan. She was doing a book signing in Dallas recently and cursing like a sailor right near the children's section. When someone pointed out her proximity to the section, she said, "Not my f'in problem." I know that's edgy and cool (and has nothing to do with her character), but it turned me off to her. If she sticks around a while, it won't upset me. But, I won't care if she disappears, either.

"l must break you." That was great. Too bad they threw away Lundgren so quickly.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I actually enjoyed the episode. Think this will be a cool season. Loved seeing Linda Hamilton again.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Liked it, didn't love it. Wasn't as big or emotional as the best episodes. A solid start to the season.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah the show seemed to lose a bit of Heart, they had to set up the New Sets and Digs, so we'll hope it gets a bit better, and where does this leave our old Buy More group they were in the credits and no where to be found.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Jeff and Lester were on the run last season, thinking they had blown up the Buy More. I expect we'll catch up with them in some humorous way. Big Mike is probably on a deep-sea fishing vacation.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I enjoyed Monday's episode, but I expect others to be stronger. They had so much to setup for the season (almost like a pilot) that the premiere suffered a little. I'm just happy to have it back. It is one of the most enjoyable shows I watch.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Chee. Last week, Chuck came in at #11, just ahead of Lone Star, which was widely reported as a major disaster. I guess we'll be lucky to get all 13 ordered episodes. As it stands, I'm resigning myself to enjoying the last 11 we'll likely get. I don't know why the show never caught on, but I enjoyed tonight's. "Romeo and Juliet. Tristan and Isolde. Anakin and Padme."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Fox has different expectations than NBC, and "Chuck" was still up from last year. And while "Chuck" only came in one slot ahead of "Lone Star", its real numbers were much better than Fox's instant flop, with 2 million more viewers than "Lone Star" and a younger audience demographic to boot. Series premieres also score much higher than regular episodes, so it's all downhill from here for "Lone Star" while Chuck performed about par for the course. I'm not saying the back nine are a slam dunk, but the numbers for "Chuck" look much better than those for "Lone Star" in both real and comparative terms. I have a feeling that "Chase" will be dropping quickly in the coming weeks, and the same likely goes for "UnderCovers" as well. NBC's utter inability to program a decent fall schedule has saved the modestly but reliably rated "Chuck" in the past, and it will likely save "Chuck" for the rest of the season. "Chuck"'s biggest threat? Comcast COO Steve Burke will be replacing the chronically inept Jeff Zucker atop the NBCU hierarchy. If he decides to shake up NBC, the new team could pull the network out of fourth place and raise ratings expectations to a place that "Chuck" can't reach.

Good second episode. I hope they don't drag Ellie finding out for too long. I loved seeing Jeffster back, and I was very happy to see them follow up (however perfunctorily) on the Jeff and Lester on the lam storyline. Nice fight on the runway, too.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
At risk of being a total perv...my jaw is still on the ground after the dress scene. Wow. Just wow.
  That was a fun and sexy one. Casey shooting Jeff what...nine times? That was a nice call-back to Jeff's tolerance-levels. Hopefully Jeffster! will get up to something interesting this season.   But Sarah and the dress? Whoa.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks