What's new

"Chuck" Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
From this week's Ask Ausiello:
Question: There’s a $5 tuna foot-long with you and Mister Scooch’s names on it if you can give me any Chuck updates. —Jen
Ausiello:
Can you make my half a veggie? If so, you’ve got a deal. Chris Fedak says the six additional episodes that NBC recently tacked on to Chuck’s season 3 total created an interesting storytelling challenge. “[We were faced with] the problem of either expanding the story we’re telling or taking the story and telling it more slowly. And what we essentially decided to do was tell more story. So we’re looking at the six episodes that have been added on as Chuck season 3.2.”So it sounds like those of us who were worried about them padding out the season with the six extra episodes can rest easy. In other words, news about one of the supporting cast that was dropped from series regular to meet the new budget constraints:
Question: Now that it’s returning in January, Chuck me, spoiler God! —Scott
Ausiello:
Chuck co-creator Chris Fedak confirms that Anna Wu will be MIA during season 3’s first 13 episodes, but there’s a chance she could pop up in the last six. “We’re still [writing the last] six episodes, so I don’t have anything first on that,” he says. “But I would love for Anna to come back.” Fedak adds that Julia’s absence at Buy More will be referenced early in the season.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Fedak has confirmed that the extra 6 episodes will be treated as a separate mini-season. Great news! Hate to see the 13 episode arc mutated in any manner.

Here is a link to a great 5 minute preview of Season 3 for those that do not mind a bit of spoilage. Looks hilariously action packed.

The new Intersect is going to give Zach Levi great opportunities to show off his physical skills at action and comedy.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Oh wow, that preview was fantastic. The shows actually moving forward and evolving, and it looks as though they've reworked the intersect concept fantastically, breathing life into what till now was really just a conceit to get a goofball into trouble.

On the downside it looks like they've moved to shooting in HD video and aren't pulling it off that well. Hopefully they acclimate quickly.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
NBC Chuck Season 3 Promotional Poster:

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/.a/6a00d834518cc969e20120a754a6aa970b-800wi

No More Mr. Nice Spy!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Reminder - next Sunday, Jan 10 - 2 hour premiere of Chuck from 9pm - 11pm followed by a return to its regular time slot on Monday, Jan 11th at 08:00pm.

3 hours of Chuck in 24 hours. Screener previews of the first 5 episodes have been very positive.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I'm really looking forward to this.

Chuck, Community, Better Off Ted and Modern Family? It's a veritable cornucopia of comedy. One of the best I think, in a great while for me anyway.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Jeff Ulmer

Chuck S2 is in transit, trying to avoid spoilers on S3. Only 4 more days!!!!
This probably isn't the best place for you then :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Chuck premiere tonight! WooT! 2 hours starting at 9pm.

Fingers crossed for some good ratings numbers tonight. One thing is certain, NBC promoted the heck out of the show so they certainly did their part.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Saw commercials this morning on Today. I really hope that the numbers improve greatly.

Looking forward to the return of Chuck/Sarah/Casey and everyone else.

Doug

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Great premiere, although the Chuck/Sarah merry-go-round is getting a little old. Although many of the relationships have reverted to the status quo, enough has changed that the show still feels fresh. The Intersect 2.0 was a great change-up. Killing Emmit rather than simply writing him off was also a pretty ballsy move, and very satisfying for the viewer who watched season two. I miss Anna.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So, they've almost practically written out Awesome and Ellie (the Honda Crosstour ads notwithstanding)?

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

Great premiere, although the Chuck/Sarah merry-go-round is getting a little old. Although many of the relationships have reverted to the status quo, enough has changed that the show still feels fresh. The Intersect 2.0 was a great change-up. Killing Emmit rather than simply writing him off was also a pretty ballsy move, and very satisfying for the viewer who watched season two. I miss Anna.
Agreed, though I don't really care about Anna. I can't tell where the Chuck/Sarah relationship is going for the season so that's good. And if the show (fingers crossed) continues I can easily see them getting together Get Smart style in future seasons.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

So, they've almost practically written out Awesome and Ellie (the Honda Crosstour ads notwithstanding)?
Have they, or was that just for the episode(s)? I don't think you can really say either way, they've had plenty of episodes before where they were nowhere to be found.

The Honda ad was weird.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I liked the episodes, but I hope they're not going in the directions it seemed to be going, which would be:

They train him to try and be less emotional, when it's his being emotional / happy that helps him trigger the flashes.

He needs Sarah for that and can't do it without her there, and then at the end she'll get kidnapped and he'll have to do it on his own.

And I agree, I'm a little sick of the rollercoaster between them. I think The Office proves you don't need to create false conflict in a relationship for a show to work.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
^^ I think it was Sarah specifically who was triggering the flashes, but I didn't keep that close of track. It may not have been intentional (but probably was).

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by Joe_H

I think The Office proves you don't need to create false conflict in a relationship for a show to work.
What is false about the conflict?

Chuck is an emotional guy. He needs to learn control. Intersect 2.0 is dangerous. Sarah is terrible with feelings. In the context of the show and the history of the characters the setup is very natural and quite clever.

This setup is more complex and richer than the asset/handler dynamic they ran with in the previous 2 seasons.

Loved the more mature tone of the show. Zach Levi is going to shine this year.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
The first hour left me a bit cold but by the time the second hour was over I was more excited than ever. Glad to have Chuck back and looking forward to tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks