What's new

Christmas lights are up (1 Viewer)

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I spent about 4-hours today playing “monkey man” up on the roof of my house and climbing various length ladders.
I hooked up 20 or so sets of those hanging “icicle” lights, extension cords & various timers.
I figured I would do it early this year because the weather was relatively warm today and I didn’t have anything on the schedule.
See all the fun you condo & apartment dwellers are missing.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Anybody else here go through this family ritual every year ???
Shawn S
PS…. I always have visions of Chevy Chase with the staple gun when I am up there.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Hey!i live in an apartment and I put lights out today.I wraped them all the way around the fence,along the bottom of the patio above and then...there is this post in the middle of the patio,its a 4x4 supporting the patio.Well,I wrapped about 6 strings around it,next time I make it to walmart I am going to get a few strings of green and make the post into the trunk and the green will be branches of a christmas tree.
I also have another plan.I want to get a 4x8 sheet of plywood,get some red,white,blue and gold strings.make a big flag the gold will be the border...I should probably paint the board first too..
------------------
Chad's DVDs

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I never seemed to get into decorating the outside of my house with lights. My idea of decorating is shining 3 various colour spotlights against the outside of the house and maybe put an angel or something like that. 5 minutes to set up and take down.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
I spent three days setting up mine.
All done before it snows. :)
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated pictures due to recent upgrades!

Peter_A

Second Unit
Argh, X-mas lights!
That means Christmas is just around the corner..........I despise Christmas.
frown.gif

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Lesser of the evils here.
1. Put up the lights.
2. Go shopping.
3. Visit a theme park.
Methinks option #3 is the way to go (at least for right now ;)).

Shawn -- Thanks for the update on the lights -- Do you have any of the X10 devices hooked up so they automatically turn on & off, and save you the trip of plugging & unplugging the strings from the outside???:D
The power Co has issued an advisement " Tree cutting will not be allowed until the xmas season is over"
Seems that someone has caused some power outages in your area -- were you affected?? :D

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
The power Co has issued an advisement " Tree cutting will not be allowed until the xmas season is over"
Seems that someone has caused some power outages in your area -- were you affected??
Dave……YOU WISE ASS :):):) !!!!!
Might this be what you are referring to ???
Sorry, I don’t have pictures of the most recent power line “incident”.
Shawn S
greenchainsaw.gif
greenchainsaw.gif
greenchainsaw.gif

Link Removed
Link Removed

Yes I believe this is the one --- I like the little orange things in the road -- Do they light up.
Hey no pics of the Big Red Trucks? or the B &W 's :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks