What's new

Chi-Chi's Salsa Commercials: Ewwwww! (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
We've all seen them by now. First, these's the one with the woman who decided to splash some water in an emptied salsa bottle then drink the remnants! Then there's the one were the guy at the party drops a chunk of salsa on a pretty woman's foot and she comes back, and it's on her face!

GROSS!

I will not buy Chi-chi's salsa!

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Those commercials are disgusting. I can't believe that (1) Some advertising group came up with this idea and (2) The execs at Chi-Chi's thought it was a good idea and paid $$$ for it!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think salsa's disgusting in the first place. Fortunately I've been spared this commercial

It seem Checkers may have figured out that we hate the "You gotta Eat" commercials, haven't seen one yet this week

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
mmm, salsa!!!!
What is Chi-Chi's?? I've never seen these commercials - is it an East coast thing?

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
From the Pace Picante commercials:

[cowboy, describing salsa brand X]: It's made in New York City

[crowd of cowboys]: New York City!

[cowboy]: Get a rope!

John.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Chi Chi's is a quasi-Mexican restaurant chain. Their margaritas are watered down (it's pretty sad I can drink a whole pitcher and not feel a buzz), the food is lame prepackaged stuff (twice I've ordered a chimichanga and found a piece of plastic wrap in it).

If you love Mexican food like I do, search out your local authentic restaurants. (if you're in Milwaukee, go to LaFuente.. the margaritas will knock you on your ass!)

Now back to our regularily scheduled thread...

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Those commercials have totally turned me off to wanting to eat salsa...ANY salsa.

They make me feel sick.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Then there's the one were the guy at the party drops a chunk of salsa on a pretty woman's foot and she comes back, and it's on her face!
OK, I havent seen these. Whats the implication here? I guess I'm not getting the joke. She eats the salsa off her foot? Big deal. I dont think they'd bug me, maybe thats why I dont "get" it.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member

The implication is obvious: chi-chi's salsa is so good that it would be a sin to let even the tiniest drop go to waste

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I have more issues with their service than with their food, but I do find the commercials hilarious. I have one of the jars of the salsa in the pantry and one of the restaurants within walking distance of work.
Philip, there is one in Sioux Falls. :D I was trying to find the exact tagline on their site and ended up on the Locations page. The tagline, sadly, is nowhere to be found.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Yeah, but people are making it sound like the commercials make you sick and you couldnt possibly eat the food after seeing it. Sounds like a pretty common commercial theme to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks