What's new

Cheap Refurb Denon DVD-2200 (1 Viewer)

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator
For anyone who's interested, ecost is expecting a shipment of refurb DVD-2200 machines next week. I ordered mine over the weekend, $278 for the unit.

I'm a first time buyer from ecost but they're Denon authorized to sell their refurbs so I'm giving them a try. Never bought a refurb before either, hopefully it'll go well.

GarAlb

Stunt Coordinator
Mine shipped today ;). I ordered one on 4/1 (backorder). They must have filled all of he backorders they planned on receiving and removed it from their listing. It was the first time I have seen this model listed so i'm sure there will be more in the future. Just keep checking the site for updates :D.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Yeah, mine just shipped yesterday as well (Ordered March 31). I would like to see how its picture stacks up against my 1600, as I liked the 1600 picture more than the 2900, but my bro liked the 2200 over both the 1600 and the 2900. Either way, it's a great deal for a great player.

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator
They come with a 90 day warranty from Denon. I purchased an additional 1 year warranty from ecost for around $30.

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Does seem to be gone now, I guess they sold the shipment out already. They DO have the 2900 listed though at a pretty great price for it. If I didn't think the wife would kill me I'd cancel my order for the 2200 and get it.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
GAH!

I'd been waiting for this for 5 months now. And I missed it? Argh!

I wanted to compare it to my 45A, see how it stacks up. What a steal at $278 though. Wow. I'll definately keep my eyes peeled in the next week.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Although...

$830.50CND shipped for the 2900 including all taxes and whatever. They might actually get my business now that I see:

Shipping:
Standard - 5-14 business days $15.08
Handling: $18.94

I remember when those used to add up to well over $100. I was always a little curious as to why handling for a DVD player was $80.

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Just a heads up for anyone who was interested. ecost says they will not be getting anymore of the refurb 2200 units from Denon.

They canceled my order without even telling me, then conveniently "forgot" to credit back the extended warranty. I will definitely NOT be attempting to do business with them ever again.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Funny how they listed it at $278 when it was out of stock, the bumped it up to $289.99 in the "Bargain Countdown".

I ordered one anyways. Although, since the 2900 is only $300CND more when/if it comes up, it's inevitable that I'll want to upgrade again. Who knows, I may be happy with the 2200...only time will tell.

Thanks for the heads up!

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
I ordered one way back on 4/1 by phone and was promised one of the 19 that were due to come in ..well not promised but told I was one of the 19 , the last one in fact. Turns out they never got 2 of them so I got screwed.

After 3 or 4 calls I pretty much gave up but then I saw this post yesterday morning and checked my old order which was still active last time I checked...sure enough my 2200 had already shipped out on 5/5.

Its due next Friday. :D

KrishnaS

Stunt Coordinator
they are all gone now. :frowning: I made up my mind this morning and headed over to buy them and they're not even listed anymore. neither is the 2900. all they have left is the 910 and the 1200 which seems to have gotten pretty bad reviews on audioreview

Drew_W

Screenwriter
They were gone a few days ago. You have to be quick, every time something good like a 3803, 2900 or 2200 come along, they sell out very quickly.

KrishnaS

Stunt Coordinator
Yuup - I learned the hard way. I wanted to pick up a 3803 and a 2200 and now they're both gone.

Darren H

Second Unit
I placed an order a few days ago, while the 2200 was still listed, but just received an email informing me that, "Original plans to ship all orders have changed and no more are available."

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Really? That is odd...how many were in stock when you placed the order? I'd call and talk to someone if I were you.

I have waited for many months on a 2200 and finally got one, this is my first order with Ecost, hopefully it turns out good so I can order again.

About 6 months ago I purchased 2 Philips Q50s off of Ubid for less than $100 shipped for both. :) However the old "If its too good to be true..." addage applied because one was DOA and the other never came. However they did have friendly and prompt phone service and did give me back my money. I will try again when I find something I like.

KrishnaS

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know if these will come back in stock? Or do you know of any other online dealer carrying them? I think I've decided that this is the universal player I want but now I can't find one.

Should have picked one up when they were on sale. Darn my research!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.