1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon DVD-2200 Very Cheap

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Steve F M, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

Refurbs at Ecost are $278 with full 1 year Manufacture's warranty. You have to Pre-Order for the April 11th delivery. They have 19 coming in and 9 have already been pre-ordered today. Call them while you can. Great deal on a great DVD player.

2. Eric A

Eric A Second Unit

Wow, your right. Just ordered one and don't even need it. At that price its hard to pass up. I also got in line for a DVD-5900. That price is amazing as well. They have 4 coming in on 4/12 and 8 more on backorder including mine. The CSR was real nice and is going to get me a status report on the unit and email me when the next batch is expected. Pretty good service.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I'm not a fan of refurb gear, but as long as you've got that warranty...

4. MichaelOD

MichaelOD Stunt Coordinator

sounds like a great deal...

i was going to jump on it, until i realized that my rp82 is rated higher than the 2200 based on secrets' research. funny, considering the 2200 is much newer, and

what do you guys think?

5. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

There is no way the rp82 is a better player then the Denon. No comparison in players. I've seen and heard both on a Panasonic PT-L500U Projector and the Denon blew the rp82 away.

6. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Steve: The HiFi secrets shootouts are based on VIDEO, and in this case its no surprise the RP82 has better video quality...

The audio part is where the Denons shine

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The RP82 is rated higher than the 2900 also. Doesn't surprise me either. The RP82 is a fine video piece, but the 2200 has quite a few more useful features, being newer. I'm very happy with the 2200 so far.

8. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

The question becomes "how big of a difference will there be?"

I'm wavering between a Denon 1600 or the 2200 and SACD isn't that big of a deal but the price is a wash between a refurb 2200 or a demo 1600.

9. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

Shane,
    My brother used to have the 1600, and he now has the 2200, and he has really liked his decisiion. When he compared the 1600 to the 2200, he liked the video of the 2200 better, and in terms of audio performance it was no contest. As for myself, I tested the 1600 vs the 2900 (which is supposed to have the same video section as the 2200) and I preferred the 1600. I thought that the image was a little sharper and there was not as much image flicker. There was not much of a difference, and if I did not test the units side by side I doubt that I would have noticed the video differences just by memory. But to each his own.

10. GarAlb

GarAlb Stunt Coordinator

Just ordered one myself off the website. Hope I got in on time to get one of the 19. 90 day warranty though, not one year [​IMG].

11. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

I've compared them side by side on the same projector and there is no way the RP82 was better. I also seen the Pioneer elite dv-47 and the Denon 2900 also side by side with the Denon 2200. The Denon 2900 and 2200 were far superior and if money was no option to me I would go with the 2900 as felt it was the best out of the above 4 Dvd Players.

12. MichaelOD

MichaelOD Stunt Coordinator

really appreciate the feedback. i just don't want to be throwing money away. i'm aware of the video differences between the players from what i've read, but nothing real world. the 2200 uses silicon image; whilst my rp-82 is using faroudja. i'm really satisfied with my player - but i think i'm going to pick one of these up...if there are any left...