What's new

Pre-Order Charlie’s Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm just s happy to own this on BD. It looks amazing, and with subtitles, it shows Mill Creek is headed in the right direction. Give us more classic TV on Blu-Ray Mill Creek. We will gladly purchase all of it.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I'm waiting for it to drop again as I won't be able to order it until next week at the earliest. I have birthday and Christmas money coming in on the same day, probably Monday, and I'm debating whether to splurge on this since I already have the DVD set, or if I want to get Rockford Files on blu.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
So....
I've just got this set, and after nearly two years, I'm the only person on the planet to notice that 2 episodes* are upconverted from SD, complete with interlacing jaggies? I know reviewers don't have time to watch all 116 episodes, but the least they could do is to sample all of them like I just did and find these issues. I can understand if the original elements for those 2 episodes could not be located, but Mill Creek could at least have printed a disclaimer warning that those two episodes were upconverts.

*season 5 episode 11 "Angel on the Line" and season 5 episode 17 "Let Our Angel Live"

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
So....
I've just got this set, and after nearly two years, I'm the only person on the planet to notice that 2 episodes* are upconverted from SD, complete with interlacing jaggies? I know reviewers don't have time to watch all 116 episodes, but the least they could do is to sample all of them like I just did and find these issues. I can understand if the original elements for those 2 episodes could not be located, but Mill Creek could at least have printed a disclaimer warning that those two episodes were upconverts.

*season 5 episode 11 "Angel on the Line" and season 5 episode 17 "Let Our Angel Live"
Maybe purchasers couldn't get that far. On February 14th of this year I bought the Complete DVD Series and I stalled halfway through Season 1. Not that I don't like it, I do but I've been dipping into better stuff.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I'm just s happy to own this on BD. It looks amazing, and with subtitles, it shows Mill Creek is headed in the right direction. Give us more classic TV on Blu-Ray Mill Creek. We will gladly purchase all of it.

And stay w/the subtitles, as well! They help the hearing-impaired immensely (as well as those who aren't, but just like to read dialogue, like I do).

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
And stay w/the subtitles, as well! They help the hearing-impaired immensely (as well as those who aren't, but just like to read dialogue, like I do).
Subtitles are a must for me. Won’t buy without them which is why I don’t have the Miami Vice or The Rockford Files BR sets. I have both on DVD but won’t be able to upgrade until they add subtitles.
Been think about getting this release, I have most seasons on DVD but I’d like to see it in HD.

Ed S.

Auditioning
Real Name
Edmund
I was looking at the set on Amazon, and one reviewer mentions that there are syndication versions of episodes included. Can anyone shed light on this? I know there are the 2-hour versions that were re-edited into hour versions, but I wasn't aware of any other edited versions.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I was looking at the set on Amazon, and one reviewer mentions that there are syndication versions of episodes included. Can anyone shed light on this? I know there are the 2-hour versions that were re-edited into hour versions, but I wasn't aware of any other edited versions.
All the two-hour episodes (Paradise, Ice, Vegas, Skis, Love Boat) and Angel in Hiding are the two-part syndicated versions, not the original full-length ones. The regular one-hour episodes are intact. For some reason, a good portion of the Season 3 episodes have the correct opening sequence visuals (Sabrina's "pole vaulting" clip) but with the Season 2 theme music underneath.

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
So....

I just checked and you are correct. The picture quality looks like a DVD recorded in SLP mode. I was actually kind of shocked when I checked mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks