Worth

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Moore rarely ventured out of his lane. but he's a better actor than he's often given credit for - check him out in The Man Who Haunted Himself or ffolkes.

AndyMcKinney

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
I got my set yesterday. Definite improvement on the DVD,s. I watched two episodes, and sample many others from all five seasons.
Did they allow enough disc space for the episodes so that compression artifacts don't cancel out the resolution upgrade? This is Mill Creek we're talking about.

Reactions: Osato

dstrong

Agent
Real Name
Damon
The photo with Farrah and Cheryl must be from either Season 3 or 4. Farrah wasn't in Season 2.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Did they allow enough disc space for the episodes so that compression artifacts don't cancel out the resolution upgrade?
Most discs have six episodes, a few have seven. I didn't notice any artifacts in the episodes I watched. The disc with the 2011 series has all eight episodes on the same disc.

Reactions: Osato and Flashgear

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
The photo with Farrah and Cheryl must be from either Season 3 or 4. Farrah wasn't in Season 2.
You are right sir. That picture grab is from the Season 3 episode "Angel In A Box". I was trying to show the cast from all five seasons. There was no change between the second and third years, so I only picked one sample.
vlcsnap-2019-11-21-17h58m44s952.png
For those not in the know, Farrah was let out of her five year contract at the end of the first season and agreed to guest in six episodes. Three each in seasons three and four.

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the note about season 1 on prime. I loved the Barrymore films but only recall seeing the show in passing. I’ll watch a few!!

Reactions: Jeff Flugel

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Thanks for the screen caps. The video store at the mall where I try and buy my discs did not have this yet, nor did Walmart. Amazon is still too pricey so I will wait til it drops. Otherwise, looking forward to seeing these in Hi-Def as I do not get any of the diginets.

Randy Korstick

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Until they cast Denise Richards.
Nah she wasn't good either but I didn't even notice things like flaunting at the camera as a teenager until I saw A View to a kill at the theaters. Its one of the main things me and my friends talked about after the movie. It stands out that much.

Randy Korstick

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Did they allow enough disc space for the episodes so that compression artifacts don't cancel out the resolution upgrade? This is Mill Creek we're talking about.
That was their DVD releases. Their Blu Rays are still a little too packed but compression artifacts are not an issue. The quality of their blu rays the past 2-3 years is much better.

Reactions: Flashgear

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Thanks for the screen caps. The video store at the mall where I try and buy my discs did not have this yet, nor did Walmart. Amazon is still too pricey so I will wait til it drops. Otherwise, looking forward to seeing these in Hi-Def as I do not get any of the diginets.
Deep Discount has it for $68 and they had an extra 10% coupon that expired yesterday. I am still waiting to buy this too. I will probably get it in a few weeks.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
For those not in the know, Farrah was let out of her five year contract at the end of the first season and agreed to guest in six episodes. Three each in seasons three and four.
Farrah wasn’t let out of her contract. There was litigation between Farrah and Spelling when she refused to report for season 2. Her six guest appearances in seasons 3 and 4 were due to the settlement of that litigation.

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
I watched the first episode of season 1 on prime last night. I liked it!

I’ll watch a few more.

The show has an interesting history too! Constant cast changes!!

a huge hit for its first 2 seasons.

I wish there had been one more Barrymore film. I love those and they stand out with lots of fun style.

so what did Farrah move onto after leaving the show?

Worth

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I watched the first episode of season 1 on prime last night. I liked it!

I’ll watch a few more.

The show has an interesting history too! Constant cast changes!!

a huge hit for its first 2 seasons.

I wish there had been one more Barrymore film. I love those and they stand out with lots of fun style.

so what did Farrah move onto after leaving the show?
A series of flops - Somebody Killed Her Husband, Sunburn and Saturn 3. Same fate as Suzanne Somers.

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lozovoz