What's new

Chances of HDTV broadcasts in Europe within 6-8 years? (1 Viewer)

Dom H

Agent
What are the chances of HDTV programming appearing in the UK/Europe within the next 6 years or so, slim to none?

Is it basically a case of more channels @ SD or less at HD and the UK has opted for more channels?

I ask this because I want to splash out on a nice direct view.

Thanks

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
HDTV is not presently on the slate for the U.K., Dom. Sorry to report that to you. It's politics and bandwidth. You can read up on it in such magazines as Home Cinema Choice and DVD Review. (I get all the U.K. magazines at my local newsstand.)

Dom H

Agent
So you think it's ok to splash out on a nice direct view set without worrying about HD sets being released in the next few years.

The set I'm looking at is the new Philips with 'Pixel+' processing (don't think they're available your side of the pond) It basically ups the vertical res to 833 lines and increases the horizontal pixels from 1024 to 2048. It also has plain jane prog scan too. Looks fantastic, closest think we'll get to HD I think.

Thanks

Dom.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yo, looks like we're now talking about displays.

(You could do a lot worse than the Philips, btw. Good make.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks