CH and I Love Lucy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian W, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Brian W

Brian W Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone provide me with a phone number to call Columbia House specifically to order I Love Lucy? I have been having difficulty joining on-line and I am getting impatient.
    Also, if anyone can provide an update regarding the status of I Love Lucy being released on DVD by Paramount, not through CH. Maybe I should wait? I did read here earlier positive reviews from someone who has been receiving CH Lucy DVDs, that the quality is good, there is some good bonus material and that each has 4 episodes, first installment has 4 of the best and all other DVDs run in televised order. Each is $24.99. This, to me, is the way to go but would like to know what is around the corner too.
    Thanks.

2. Michael Gage

Michael Gage Auditioning

Brian, The number that I have called in the past (800 number 800-457-0866) no longer works. I was told that this is their new one 800-667-0364. There is a number that is not toll free which is 812-242-7913.
    I was the person who responded to the earlier request about Lucy on DVD through Columbia House. As I mentioned, I think the series looks great on DVD and like the bonus materials provided. I'm not sure what Paramount will be doing, but I would bet that since the moving force behind the Columbia House Lucy DVD is the son of the creator and original head writer of I Love Lucy, the Columbia House DVD's will be the better choice. Either way, I'm continuing with the Columbia House collectors edition until I see what Paramount has to offer!

3. Dylan Davis

Dylan Davis Stunt Coordinator

From what I remember, Paramout will be offering "Best Of" sets, while CH will be issuing in broadcast order (except for the first disc).
    I am up to disc 3. Great DVDs.
    Dylan

4. Brian W

Brian W Stunt Coordinator

Michael-
    Thanks, I got through, first DVD is on the way. Thanks for your help.
    Brian