What's new

More TV on DVD from Columbia House (1 Viewer)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
For those interested (and I know the Columbia House "model" is intensely disliked around here), CH has some more TV series available on DVD now, available by mail order subscription only. The first disc is usually $4.95, and subsequent monthly discs are $24.95, plus about $4.95 shipping.

I know this seems pricey, but let's not forget that most DVDs have a $24.95 list price (including Twilight Zone, with the same 4 episode per disc model.) It's just that with Columbia House, we don't have the luxury of sale pricing or shopping around for the best price.

Here's a complete list (omitting the non-CH exclusives):

The A-Team

All in the Family (but who cares if the boxed set rumor is true?)

The Cosby Show

Have Gun, Will Travel

Hogan's Heroes

I Love Lucy

Perry Mason

Sanford and Son

The Three Stooges (why this is listed as TV, I don't know)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
W-w-what Prisoner and Thunderbirds? I don't see any Prisoner or Thunderbirds listed there... You must be hallucinating. Yeah, that's it. :D

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I'm tempted to go to CH for the Lucy dvd's...but seriously am not going to pay that much for them. I wonder if The Wonder Years or Family Ties will ever find their way to DVD.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget about the 2 Wonder Years DVDs that are already out, although I heard the quality is "not good".

Gord

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I have both of those Wonder Years discs. I don't know how they look on a giant-type TV, but they look just fine to me on my 30" Panasonic. Neither better nor worse than their broadcasts back in the day. At least as far as I recall.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Ya, I rented the discs from netflix a long, long time ago. The quality was fine...though I'm under the impression that the music is not the original music. Those DVD's can be had for under $15 combined.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Oh, for Pete's sake, Dave, I DON'T KNOW! I looked them up on DVD Price Search and they didn't show up! Guess I spelled it wrong. Sheesh!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks