What's new

center speakers for surrounds? (1 Viewer)

My problem is this. I need surround speakers. The only available speakers that are timbre matched to my existing set-up is a center channel speaker. Is there anything wrong with using a pair of center channel speakers as surrounds?

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Nothing wrong with it at all. Centers are usually pretty strong since they carry a lot of info so they will make equally strong surrounds. Now with that said, centers most of the time cost more than rears since they usually have an extra mid driver. Mounting will be your challenge. IMHO.... go for it.
------------------

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I did that for a while.Of course they were different centers from different brands but...It was just dpl so whos counting...
------------------

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing wrong with using center channel speaker for rears. If it's an MTM and you mount them vertically (mid on top, tweeter middle, mid on bottom) then you'll be using that speaker the way it was originally intended to be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks