What's new

Center Speaker Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Mike-Gr

Grip
Any opinions are welcome.

First off I am limited to doing in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Also a friend of mine has the JVC RX-D702B which he highly recommends, so that is the A/V Receiver I am buying.

I have been looking at these in-wall speakers from Pro Acoustics.. http://www.proacousticsusa.com/produ...l.php?pId=4031

and these in-ceilings... http://www.proacousticsusa.com/produ...il.php?pId=829

the only problem is due to the contruction of the walls/ceiling I am unable to use their in-wall center channel speaker, so I have to resort to a boxed one.

I have been looking at the following center channels:

Infinity Primus C25
Polk Audio CSI3

Any suggestions on my center channel issue. Is there anything wrong with mismatching speaker brands????

Also I have pretty much decided on the Infinity PS12 subwoofer... OneCall.com has it for an awesome price. So I was kind of leaning towards the Primus C25 center... at least the sub and center would match.

Now after doing some searching.... I have found the Infinity ERS series of in-wall and in-ceiling speakers for decent prices from an authorized reseller. So maybe I should just buy all Infinity so all speakers match. I really liked the look of those Pro Accoustics though.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
General rule of thumb is that it's pretty important to have all the front speakers match in timbre (sp). Speakers from the same manufacturer, within their particular model line, usually give the best results. Sub and surround speakers just aren't as important in that respect.

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks