What's new

Center Channel Speaker (1 Viewer)

joe>ma

Auditioning
Is it wise to mix a different brand center with the others?
(still the new guy)

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
It's better to come as close to the L/R speakers as possible. Speakers from different manufactures often sound quite a bit different. And in this hobby, even though these differences can be subtle, you don't always know what you're missing until you get it right.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member

Never. You want 3 identical speakers across the front. More and more movies are sending dialog to the L/R speakers if the actors are at the edges of the scene, not to mention effects that pan across the front. You will blow the illusion of a wide-soundstage if the sounds change as they move from speaker to speaker.

joe>ma

Auditioning
I have one more question. Last time I said the B word (Bose)I took quite a beating. I got a good deal a set of acoustimass 10 speakers and I was thinking I needed a center driving speaker. I haven't had a chance to listen to it the way it is because the room isn't quite done. I have a chance to get a bose vcs-10 for dirt cheap. So should I use the cube, pick up the center or just scratch the itch and listen to it when the room is done? (the new guy)

chris_bester

Agent
joe>ma

All I can say is audition numerous brands etc before you decide. I was never a fan of Bose myself but as long as you like them & how they sound thats all that matters....Happy listening.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks