What's new

Center Channel on 42H82 (1 Viewer)

Ken Leggatt

Stunt Coordinator
OK, Toshiba must think that no one has center channels for their systems because they have the most narrow tops on their sets. I have a Klipsch RC-3 that is perched on the top of the TV and fully one half of the center is supported by the little screw that allows you to angle the center towards the seating position. I do not have a wall unit or media center so I am wondering how others with similar sets are plaing the center channels?

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I have a Tosh TW40X81 which also has a narrow top. My center is a Def Tech C2 and it just barely fit. I have seen some people build single shelf flexi racks to hold the center just above the TV.

I decided to try the center low and in front instead of on top and much prefer it there. While it isn't as space efficient I believe it sounds a little better. If that hadn't work for me I probably would have went flexi.

-Keith

Geoff S

Stunt Coordinator
The Sony I'm considering also has the same problem.

About all you can do to solve it is either have a small stand for your center channel in front close to the floor, or at least under the screen, which is almost always not practical. Or build some kind of rig for the center to sit on, similar to what Tim has done.

When times comes around to purchase my RPTV, I'm going to take some 3/4" plywood, smooth it down, paint it black, and put some little supports behind it that'll rest on the slope of the back of the TV. That should ger er' done.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I have the same TV (42H82) and put two video cassettes on the flat part of the TV in the back right before the steep drop off is. I have my CSW Newton MC300 on the stand that came w/it on the tapes and front of the top of the TV. If I could figure out how to post pics here I'd put one up.

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
FYI, don't buy that sub that is on my page. I haven't updated my page in a while, but the previous sub that I had was a piece of crap. After replacing it twice, I asked for a refund and got a Velodyne and that kicks butt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks