What's new

CD Jukeboxes Ripping MP3's??? (1 Viewer)

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know of a cd jukebox out there, that I could just load my CD collection into, it would connect to the CDDB and get all relevant information, and then just rip all the songs in the quality I want into MP3 format on a hard drive connected to the jukebox through any variety of means?
Also, this leads into a second question, besides building your own server, are there any really good MP3 players out there for home audio? Ideally, since these players can hold thousands if not tens of thousands of songs, I'd love to see one that links to televisions and you can sort through the data by album, artist, song title, etc. Also, you could add playlists that you like, and then they would show up on your television set when you play that set of songs.
I'm probably dreaming here, but I thought if anyone would know the answer, it would be this group. Why can't Pioneer just make us their product marketing group??? =) Seriously though, any information on the two above topics would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Gareth

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jon Clements

Auditioning
I had been looking for the same thing and found one mention in the latest CE Pro magazine. It is called MusicLoader and is made by a company call Lansonic (http://www.lansonic.com). It works with their hard drive based Digital Audio servers so I'm not sure if it is what you are looking for.
I want a unit that will read from my changer and save the mp3's to my computer's hard drive. Their systems are on the expensive side, but if you've got the money.
Jon

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
One possiblity in the near future might be to use a mega changer that reads MP3's. If you had a 100 disc changer that read MP3's, that would be 15000 songs. Even with a 5 disc changer, its already about 500-600 songs. Better yet will be DVD's with MP3's on them. Aa 5 disc DVD player with DVD's full of MP3's will net you 5000 songs.
But as far as whats available to do what you want, in terms of a "juke box", I don't know. But keep your eye open for the above ideas.

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
The music loader system seems like a great technology. I will be emailing them to see if we can get the music loader to save to another hard drive other than their music server. Ideally, I'd like to setup a cheap file server in the house to store all the MP3s, so that I can access them from my computers or my stereo.
Thanks Jon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks