What's new

CD DVD Info Needed for (1 Viewer)

ChaseWarden

Auditioning
Real Name
Chase Warden
I recently installed a Pioneer HDTV, Sony ES 400 Disc DVD/SACD/CD ChangerDVP-CX777ES/B and a Sony STR-DA3200 ES Reveiver. Everything is working very well except after I loaded 300 Cds and 50 DVDs (followed the instructions with the Load). I don't get all the contents of the CD and or DVDs. In the closet is an internet connection. Is there some way I can have a device that goes to the internet to get the CD and DVD information that can then display it on the TV etc.

Thanks,

Chase

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Gallegos
It sounds like you can use a media manager, like the Escient SE-D1. It manages CDs and DVDs in a graphical interface using an Internet connection and of course, your TV. This model at $999 controls one 777ES changer over RS232. If you plan on adding additional changers, the DVD-M100 supports three of them for twice the price.

joseph westcott

Second Unit

Sony really does show its true colors when it comes to CD and DVD players. I have the 300 CD Megachanger and Sony's proprietary practices will not read anyone's CD except their own. To get it to read, you either have to enter the data via keyboard or burn copies with CD Text enabled. I prefer the later method because the unit does not have non volatile memory, so when you lose power, you lose your data. Great design, hea!@#$!#

On the plus side, we listen to a lot more music than we used to because it is all at the touch of a button or two. Since we use a digital connection, we don't lose any resolution. Very convenient and no more messing with jewel cases. I just made up a spreadsheet with all the names of the albums and artists and numbered them for easy reference. Has been very relieable so far and it is two years old. Someday I may put all the CD inserts into a photo album but who knows when I will have the time. Just completed the frames for a piece of artwork to go over my projector screen. Now, if I can only find a hungry art student to do something modern.

Congratulations and if you need more input, just let me know.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
1K to control ONE player? Yikes!!. You might want to look into This if a computer can be connected to the player. Very cool bit of software.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks