What's new

CBS HD on Dish Network Question (1 Viewer)

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
I have everything I need for the HD reception from Dish exept the switch 64. I do not know if I should buy this now or wait until later. The only thing that keeps me wondering is the CBS HD feed. My question is: Is it worth it?
Does CBS broadcast sporting events on HD? What about the evening shows? Are they shown in widescreen? What about when a show is not in HD, is there anything playing on the channel? If so, is it in widescreen?
Thanks
------------------
You've never worked in the private sector. They expect results.

TomRS4

Stunt Coordinator
CBS is at the top of the heap when it comes to the amount of HD programming. Check out http://www.hdtvgalaxy.com/ to see what's available - pretty much CBS is showing all of primetime in HD. I'm getting the CBS HD OTA, so I can't comment for sure on what Dish is carrying on the HD channel when CBS isn't broadcasting HD, but it's more than likely still carrying the shows in 4:3 (That's what the OTA digital from CBS, ABC, and NBC do around here.).
------------------
Tempus Fugit

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
The CBSHD is, in a word...."KILLER"!!!!!!!
The standard shows remain in the digital domain, as it were..and with the DISH reciever, you need not switch between modes on your TV...the box downconverts the standard stuff...i.e.: FOXNews, HGTV, MTV,Networks,etc....so you can leave the TV in HD/16X9 mode.
BTW..ABC is doing tons of HD stuff as well this season..but not football. CBS has the saturday college games in HD.
------------------
"The ScootPlex2000 is the ONLY theater I screen films for review in!"
David Manning-Critic
Scooter-Palooza 2..Be There or Be Square!
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/.../030866.html#5

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks