What's new

Cats and Dogs (1 Viewer)

Kevin Johnson

Auditioning
Does anyone know if Cats and Dogs is going to be released in widescreen format? I absoilutely refuse to waste my money on the full screen version.

YANG

Screenwriter
The widescreen release is already available.Look out for a red banner on the top of the artwork.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Welcome to the Forum, Kevin! His first post, and he already tells us that he refuses to buy Pan and Scan. Cat's & Dogs is available widescreen, but some retailers have not gotten thier copies yet, and some may not have ordered any. I suggest that you try stores like Best Buy, if thier is one in your area. Or you may want to try odering online.
Also, there are several other threads discussing this. The most popular one seems to be the following.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/032149.html

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Another Kevin chimes in here...
I got my widescreen copy from Amazon.com--they got them even when many stores (including my local Best Buy) don't have any. I think they have so many MAR copies collecting dust on the shelves that they aren't re-ordering the OAR version.
FYI for the new guy, "OAR" = Original Aspect Ratio, and "MAR" = Modified (or Mutilated) Aspect Ratio. In the case of Cats & Dogs, the widescreen is the OAR and the "full frame" is the MAR. These are popular terms here on HTF, so I figured I'd learn 'em to ya! :)
See ya... KJP

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
We recieved a box of maybe sixteen widescreen Cats & Dogs yesterday at the Best Buy store I work in. . .
(Promptly took all of the P&S versions out of their display areas and replaced them with the widescreen versions. . .)
:)
-mwb-
------------------
Obi-Wan (to Anakin):
Why do I think you're going to be the death of me?
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
May 22, 2002

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks