What's new

'Catch-Up' titles - Released HD-DVDs that have yet to get a Blu-ray release (US Only) (1 Viewer)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Thx, Jesse--yeah looks like they've fixed the date issue on Cinderella, and even though it's March at the top of the FOD page, it's May at the bottom.
Although not something I will buy immediately after having spent quite some time with a rental HD DVD last year, it's nice to see Cinderella pre-announced. A little frustrating to see U "tie" that to Frost/Nixon's April release and not Apollo 13 though. Here's hoping U does something really special for that BD.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Updated - Universal will release Spy Game on 5/19/09. Universal will also release Children of Men, Cinderella Man, Field of Dreams, Inside Man, and Seabiscuit on 5/26/09.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Michael Rogers said:
I hope Cat People is on the way:
Nice to see a lil' love for CAT PEOPLE. I've been cranking the LET'S DANCE CD (and, more recently, the SACD) for over 20 years and didn't know until last fall's HD DVD rental of CP that "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)" comes from the film (although it's a new Nile Rodgers-produced version of the song on the album).

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Updated - Universal will release Fletch and Bruce Almighty on 5/26/09.
Also, I forgot to update Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 1 when that was announced. That title is coming 4/28/09.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
Paul.S said:
Nice to see a lil' love for CAT PEOPLE. I've been cranking the LET'S DANCE CD (and, more recently, the SACD) for over 20 years and didn't know until last fall's HD DVD rental of CP that "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)" comes from the film (although it's a new Nile Rodgers-produced version of the song on the album).
I've loved Cat People ever since it first came out (when I was too young to see such movies but got to sneak in anyway)
It's funny, I remember an ad in the Science Fiction magazine Starlog by Universal. It was basically a list of upcoming sci-fi movies they were touting as future classics. It's amazing because most of the titles listed became at least cult classics if not successful at first. I remember it listed:
E.T. The Extraterrestrial (we all know that was a blockbuster)
The Thing remake (a disappointment at first, but a classic now)
Cat People (a minor hit at the time, has cult status now)
Conan: The Barbarian (big hit and ongoing cult status)
I can't remember if there was another listed film.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Brandon Conway said:
Updated - Universal will release Spy Game on 5/19/09. Universal will also release Children of Men, Cinderella Man, Field of Dreams, Inside Man, and Seabiscuit on 5/26/09.
Was there any mention if "Field of Dreams" will be getting a new transfer, or is Universal using the same transfer as the HD DVD?

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I'll be repurchasing both Children of Men and Seabiscuit. Both HD DVDs had DD+ audio tracks and one has to think that a Master Audio upgrade will be worth the price, especially if one is able to get either title for around $15 or so. I purchased The Kingdom BD a few weeks ago for $13 shipped and it's DTS-HD MA track was a noticeable upgrade over the HD DVD.
Plus, I'll get that added peace of mind that I own the best possible version that is out there right now for both movies.
I guess that means I should do it for Field of Dreams as well but something tells me that the upgrade won't be as noticeable for this older film. But then there's that peace of mind concept.....
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Re "E.T. The Extraterrestrial (we all know that was a blockbuster)
Conan: The Barbarian (big hit and ongoing cult status)"
Indeed, that's an impressive little list. Love THE THING; had and sold the HD DVD--still need to get the BD.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
Paul.S said:
Re "E.T. The Extraterrestrial (we all know that was a blockbuster)
Conan: The Barbarian (big hit and ongoing cult status)"
Indeed, that's an impressive little list. Love THE THING; had and sold the HD DVD--still need to get the BD.
The ad I talk about happens to be in the post production still pictures of The Thing DVD. The other 2 films in the ad were Videodrome and Dark Crystal so all the films in that ad have at least a healthy cult status.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The following were released 3/24 and have been removed:

2 Fast 2 Furious

The Fast and the Furious

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

A Mighty Heart

Things We Lost in the Fire

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
The Eagles: Farewell Tour I - Live in Melbourne, which was released on HD-DVD has still never been released on Blu-ray, and I don't think that's on anyone's list here. I think Paramount handled it. It's the only HD-DVD I still own.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
The one I want above all others is "Forbidden Planet"!!!!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
I'd like to see some new exclusive BD extras in addition to all the extras from the HD-DVD & a commentary or two. WB can charge just about any amount they want & I'll pay! :eek: ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks