What's new

'Catch-Up' titles - Released HD-DVDs that have yet to get a Blu-ray release (US Only) (1 Viewer)

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Jeff_HR said:
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
I'd like to see some new exclusive BD extras in addition to all the extras from the HD-DVD & a commentary or two. WB can charge just about any amount they want & I'll pay! :eek: ;)
I'm actually surprised this title still isn't released on Blu. Definite buy, when it gets released.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Brian Borst said:
I'm actually surprised this title still isn't released on Blu. Definite buy, when it gets released.
It may take some time (apparently sales of the HD DVD were not great, even in relative standards). I also suspect they may do a Casablanca "deluxe-only" release (there was a deluxe HD DVD release--I got the regular one). I hope it gets a BD release soon as I think it deserves as wide an audience in hi-def as possible, but, in the meantime, I'll keep enjoying my HD DVD copy (along with Grand Prix and Mutiny on the Bounty (1962)--two other titles that could be several more years away from a BD release).

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
PaulDA said:
(1962)--two other titles that could be several more years away from a BD release).
Well, if they are released (I'm eager for Grand Prix and Mutiny as well) there's a possibility they're released in a standard case, like Casablanca was. The only thing that's missing from the set is the Jack Warner documentary, I don't know if that's any good, but I can do without it if it's so much cheaper.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm definitely on board for Forbidden Planet as well! Grand Prix would be great too.

Perhaps the delay on Forbidden Planet is due to the new sequel in development. I hope not as I'd love to see FP soon.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I'm also waiting for Streets of Fire.
I own a lot of DVDs (700, maybe?) and don't plan to replace most of them with BDs. However, this is one DVD that definitely needs an upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks