What's new

Directors cast & crew draft (1 Viewer)

Jeff Gross

Second Unit
I also think it would be good if the first round were directors, because that's really going to influence your movie more than anything else.
If I'm sitting at pick 16 and all the directors I want are taken, with A I have to take a director I don't necessarily want and hope to get some stars down the road to save the movie. With B, I can go ahead and nab a top star and build my movie around him/her.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
OK, we'll go with b, but everything else will be as I've laid out (you can't please everyone).

We're going to have 9 categories for you to fill:

1 - Director
2 - Cinematographer
3 - Screenwriter
4 - Composer
5 - Actor 1
6 - Actor 2
7 - Actress 1
8 - Actress 2
9 - Character Actor/Actress

You can pick the order you fill these. A person can show up in more than 1 category, but a person can only appear in one of the categories from 5-8. I will allow the character actor/actress to show up as someone else's actor or actress, because I don't want to police the character actors (if someone picks Woody Allen as their character actor, presumably making a small cameo type role, this shouldn't prevent someone else from having Woody as their lead actor).

The order is:

1George Kaplan
2Jan H
3Gabe D
4Angelo.M
5SteveGon
6Lew Crippen
7ChuckDeLa
8Chris Richard
9ErikG
10Cary T
11John Dhein
12Jeff Gross
13Steeve Bergeron
14Justin Doring
15Vickie_M
16John Kilduff

I need someone to give me some help if they could about formatting the information. In my excel sheet I have those two columns followed by 9 more columns with the categories. Is there any way to replicate that table here and make it look readable?

Anyway, I'm up first, and no surprise, I take

Alfred Hitchcock - Director

Make sure you indicate both who you're taking and for what slot.

Jan is up.

On deck:

Gabe D
Angelo.M
SteveGon

Why do I think we're going to get 16 movies better than anything out there currently? :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Formatting test. Ignore.

_____________________director___composer cinematographer
1George Kaplan_____Alfred Hitchcock__________
2Jan H__________Stanley Kubrick__________
3Gabe D__________Steven Spielberg__________
4Angelo.M________Akira Kurosawa__________

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Lew takes Luis Buñuel - Director

Chuck is up.

On deck:

Chris Richard
ErikG
Cary T

I still can't format this info worth anything. Any ideas?

Cary T

Screenwriter
Shit, the directors are flying off the shelf. :frowning:
Just might go with an actor now.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Chris is up.

On deck:

ErikG
Cary T
John Dhein

I've given up on being able to format the info. I'm just going to have to list a bunch of lists. Sorry.

Currently:
Director

Alfred Hitchcock
Stanley Kubrick
Steven Spielberg
Akira Kurosawa
Sam Peckinpah
Luis Buñuel
Ingmar Bergman

I'll be listing each occupation, and I'll summarize people's picks at the end of each round.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
News Flash: Collaboration Denied
A spokesman for Alfred Hitchcock today denied categorically that there are any plans for a collaboration between the director and Steven Spielberg. "It's true that they talked about a joint venture", said the spokesman, "but in the end they couldn't resolve their creative differences. Hitch wanted to bring the shark to Bodega Bay, and Steven wanted to bring the birds to Amity. Both directors are now working separately on their own projects, and remain friends."

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
george k: there's a thread in the "Movies" Forum ("Our Top 10 of 2002") which includes a very nice chart which Dana Fillhart maintained (see example on the last page of the thread). Maybe you could ask Dana how it was done?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Chris,

For which slot? (I don't want to make any assumptions, you might want him for something other than director)

Erik is up.

On deck:

Cary T
John Dhein
Jeff Gross

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks