Toshiro Mifune
Cary Grant
Bruce Willis

Actress:

Vivien Leigh

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Sorry for the interruption, but...

We only need 10 more entries for the Movie Couples tournament to start! Please poke your head in that thread and help out. Thank you!

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Will Smith - Actor

(No, he's not my favorite actor, and yes, I have a plan happening here)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
News Flash

John Kilduff today issued a firm denial that he is having difficulty casting a lead actress for his new movie to be directed by Walter Hill. Diane Lane supposedly turned a deaf ear to a request to work under Hill again, saying that since her last role, older men no longer appeal to her, an unkind reference to the recently signed leading man, Bruce Willis.

Neither Hill, nor Lane nor Willis could be reached to confirm or deny the story, although Cybill Sherphard was more than willing to go on record as having no interest in playing opposite Willis. It is unclear if she was under consideration.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
As amusing as these things are, I don't think any of these announcements would be reported as "news flash" or "late breaking news" in real life.

Just being an annoying nitpicker :D

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Hitchcock or Kubrick would be making new movies in real life either. :) :) I'm certainly enjoying thinking about how these 'fantasy' films are shaping up. I still think we're going to come up with 16 films that are far better than most of what's really out there. :)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
News Flash: Body Found—Police Puzzled

Chuck De La was found dead outside his home today. Although police are withholding some details, they have confirmed that they suspect foul play. They refused to confirm that his death was caused by thousands of small cuts, similar to ‘paper cuts’, despite persistent questioning by reporters.

‘That’s simply laughable’, said a corner’s office spokesperson. ‘Such a thing could only have happened if several person’s worked together to inflict maximum pain and humiliation to the victim.’ Chuck has no enemies at all in this town.

In an unrelated story, several prominent members of the online Home Theatre Forum, have left e-mails with local police stating that they have not been in town, anytime today.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Ah man, I just had my whole plan ruined! I was going to make a movie that I've wanted to see for years.

Thomas A. Dorsey is a legend in the Gospel community (not that I'm a part of it, I'm an atheist) and is known as the "father of Gospel music." That's interesting, but before he found found Jesus, he was a blues guy who worked with people like Ma Rainey's Wild Cat Jazz Band, Kansas City Kitty and Tampa Red (if these names are unfamiliar, you've missed out on some great music). He played piano and wrote songs that focused on double-entendres.

From his obituary:

For IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BURBANK, CA.: Gospel enthusiasts are cheering the recent motion picture development agreement between The Motion Picture Company, Inc. and Heather M. Nelson Law Firm, representing the "Father of Gospel Music", Dr. Thomas A. Dorsey's estate.
Yeah, well, THEY don't have Will Smith as Dorsey, Queen Latifah as Ma Rainey, Taye Diggs as Tampa, and directed by good directors who understand old-timey music, the 30's, and would be able to handle both the amusing and the heartbreaking side of Dorsey's life. Pah!

I don't know whether to continue, or drop out of the Draft. If I kept on, I'd have to grovel on my knees, pleading to replace Will Smith, because I sure wouldn't put him in any OTHER movie!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm not sure your plan should be ruined just because someone is going to actually do something similar. As you say they almost certainly wouldn't do the Coen Brothers and Will Smith.

I certainly hope you continue, but I can't force you. I will say though, that having to deal with 'difficulties' is part of what producers have to do. Hell, I've already changed my initial plans (which had to do with Cary Grant). I'm working on alternatives.

As far as replacing Will Smith, I'm real torn. I fear that it would be opening up a can of worms. I can see someone who plans on a film with Actor A & Actor B, and they get A, and when B is taken, they don't want A anymore. I'd hate to see this changing votes get out of hand.

Here's what I think I'll do. Certainly if someone else wants Will Smith, they could trade you and you could have their draft choice. Other than that, I think I will let people make substitutions, but not til the end. We can have an extra round at the end where people make changes at that point. Actually I think that's kind of a good idea. But I don't want to do it as we go along, since it'll be too complicated to keep track of, and to do fairly.

Let me know if you want to stay Vickie (I hope you do). If not, we'll either just have 15 people, or see if we can find someone else who wants to play.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm not sure your plan should be ruined just because someone is going to actually do something similar. As you say they almost certainly wouldn't do the Coen Brothers and Will Smith.
True, but I thought the whole point was to be doing a movie that didn't exist anywhere in any form. I suppose it's just "Hollywood" though, there are always two things happening, 2 Asteroid/Meteor movies, 2 animated bug movies, 2 haunted ship/submarine movies, 2 Alexander the Great movies, so why not, 2 Thomas Dorsey movies! :D

I'll continue on and make my movie, and it'll be better than that sure to be dull, righteous, straight-to-CBN affair (huumpt, I'll bet their soundtrack won't have "It's Tight Like That" on it).

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I don't have any master plan at all, I'm just making it up as I go along. I think I know my screenwriter and lead actor, though.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Glad you're sticking around Vickie. :)

Justin's turn won't end until 10:57 PM Central, but I won't be around then. So, if he hasn't picked by then, it will be Steeve's turn.

Jeff Gross

Second Unit
:angry: Since Steve had already picked one actress, I was sure that Audrey would be mine :angry:

Jimmy Stewart - Actor 2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks