What's new

Can't wait for olympics to be over (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I have thoroughly enjoyed the winter olympics this year, but I am so sick and tired of all the whining and complaining of the Russian and South Korean team. The Russian team protesting cross country skiing because of doping, protesting figure skating, protesting the official before the US vs Russia hockey game friday night, protesting being told their goalie had some problems with his doping test before the game (but he was allowed to play anyways). South Korean team protesting speed skating and saying they are thinking of filing a lawsuit? Come on...stop whining like babies and just move on already. Did Apolo Onno complain when he was taken out by a South Korean in that first race that forced him to win silver instead of gold? Nope. Did he complain on that second race? ok, he had a "reaction" during the race, but he did not complain once they all crossed the finish line. The judge made the call. Is Kwan complaining about bronze? Nope.

All this whining takes so much away from the games and the sportsmanship its sickening. What does all this complaining show to the little kids playing sports now? If you don't win the game its ok to protest even if you don't have just cause? Yeah good lesson.

Sigh...

Maurice McCone

Stunt Coordinator
These Olympics have caused great harm to the Olympic ideal.

All the way back to the alleged bribery and sleaze surrounding the awarding of these games ..to the controversy over the skating Gold.

The Canadians were wrong to complain over the result and then wrong to accept a joint Gold, this makes a mockery out of the event and damages the credibility of the Games.

I do not agree with having 'subjective' marking events such as ice dancing - however, if you are going to have this then ACCEPT the judges decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks