What's new

Top 10 Favourite 70s films that haven't been released in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Is Save The Tiger out on BluRay (the film Jack Lemmon won the best actor Oscar for in 1974)?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I need to do a list of my own. I'll add my favorite film of all time, the BAFTA winning film that just can't get any respect! Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. 1972

Here's a behind the scenes feature someone posted on youtube. Wouldn't this look stunning on a new blu ray release?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I need to do a list of my own. I'll add my favorite film of all time, the BAFTA winning film that just can't get any respect! Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. 1972

Here's a behind the scenes feature someone posted on youtube. Wouldn't this look stunning on a new blu ray release?

Oh I thought you were talking about the X rated version, which is my favorite.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Oh I thought you were talking about the X rated version, which is my favorite.
I do wonder if Mr. Carol would have liked that Alice best too. Just saying!! lol
Someone put that out in blu ray form not long ago but I never did pick that one up. A proper release on BD of all those fairy tale naughties of the 70s and 80s I would definitely get. I thought the Cinderella was a little funnier than the Alice. Mainly for the Godfather dude. I found him hilarious! But overall Alice might have been better.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
The Honkers has a couple of songs by Bobby Russell and even one by Slim Pickens that might have to be cleared. One of the Russell songs, "Easy Made for Lovin'," is used in one of my favorite western-movie scenes. James Coburn is shown from the side starting to walk down a city sidewalk as the song begins. Then it cuts to a distant shot of him walking toward the camera. The way he walks, almost in time to the song, and the way he looks in his western duds and boots--I've always thought that scene was so cool. It takes him about a full minute to walk all the way to the camera, and then the song ends as he goes into a store.

PianoPlayer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
The Stepford Wives and Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore.

Stepford
apparently might never get released on Blu-ray because rights-owner Bristol Myers Squibb doesn't feel like it. But what's up with Alice?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The Stepford Wives and Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore.

Stepford
apparently might never get released on Blu-ray because rights-owner Bristol Myers Squibb doesn't feel like it. But what's up with Alice?
You should ask Warner Archive. George Feltenstein is a receptive ear.

chrislong2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
My #1 choice from the 70's is the original Norman Tokar directed "Where the Red Fern Grows". Would love to see that on blu. For awhile I assumed Disney had the rights since they did an inferior remake in the early 2000's but now I'm not sure. The original was an independent production and I don't know who owns it now. You can find a whole like hour long well-made special on YouTube from a couple years ago where the stars reminisce about it and its popularity on home video, but no mention of an HD version being a possibility (the DVD quality is atrocious at best).

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
My #1 choice from the 70's is the original Norman Tokar directed "Where the Red Fern Grows". Would love to see that on blu. For awhile I assumed Disney had the rights since they did an inferior remake in the early 2000's but now I'm not sure. The original was an independent production and I don't know who owns it now. You can find a whole like hour long well-made special on YouTube from a couple years ago where the stars reminisce about it and its popularity on home video, but no mention of an HD version being a possibility (the DVD quality is atrocious at best).
Looks like the last DVD release was an Echo Bridge number, and they licenced from Halestone Distribution [a Latter-Day Saint owned distributor and successor in interest to Doty-Dayton, which was also Latter-Day Saint owned].

chrislong2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Looks like the last DVD release was an Echo Bridge number, and they licenced from Halestone Distribution [a Latter-Day Saint owned distributor and successor in interest to Doty-Dayton, which was also Latter-Day Saint owned].
Thanks! According to Wikipedia, it looks like Halestone went belly-up in 2020 and most of their stuff was absorbed by Deseret Books, so my guess is that's who controls it now. Thanks.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I watched the beautiful new I Blu Ray of SLEUTh last night which I purchased on Amazon.fr
I never thought I would ever would be able to have seen this film again. Looks great and even though it says we can be I believe it is region A as well.
IMG_4545.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks