What's new

Canadian movies: Duct Tape Forever and Men with Brooms (1 Viewer)

Karen Maraj

Agent
Did anyone pick up Duct Tape Forever this week? Any good? Also, any idea when Men with Brooms is coming out?

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I heard October for Men with Brooms. As for Duct Tape, I'm expecting my review copy any day now.

Mark

Chris M

Second Unit
I think I'll pick up both on Previously Viewed :)
$30 is not acceptable for a comedy like "Duct Tape Forever", especially since it's a Canadian film.
Chris.

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator
I don't really have interest in either but I do agree that they should be cheaper since they are Canadian. It might help sell a few more copies too.

Chris M

Second Unit
I think that little known movies with niche markets should not be priced nearly twice what they're worth, especially considering they're usually barebones and probably don't have decent transfers or anything. The fact that they're Canadian make that important because there aren't a lot of Canadian movies and they should try to help them sell better to promote the Canadian movie industry.

Chris.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I would suggest that because they are niche product they should command a higher price, since the cost of producing the discs has to be amortized over a smaller run. I can't comment on the technical quality having not seen the discs.

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator
The age old question, if you have a smaller market do you increase th price so you make more money off the small market or lower in hopes of increasing the market?

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
The age old question, if you have a smaller market do you increase th price so you make more money off the small market or lower in hopes of increasing the market?
In the case of the "Duct Tape Forever" DVD, they should simply give away the product for free. :)

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
My review copy of Duct Tape Forever finally showed. The disc specs look halfway decent though the film is presented at 1.33:1. Sound is DD 5.1 and their's a commentary with Steve Smith as well as a 60 minute featurette.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to review it over the weekend.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks