What's new

Canadian Memento Aspect Ratio Problem? (1 Viewer)

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Thanks for all the help guys. Despite all this the disc shouldn't have this encoding problem and should display accurately like the rest of my discs. Since I'm reviewing this disc, I do plan to mention this in the review but will discuss options people may look for to try and fix the problem.
Overall the Alliance disc is very disappointing and this was just another small problem in a long list of them.
M.
[Edited last by Mark McLeod on September 10, 2001 at 04:38 PM]

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
Despite all this the disc shouldn't have this encoding problem and should display accurately like the rest of my discs.
Mark, this is not an encoding problem. It's actually an extra feature that allows those who do not wish to view the film letterboxed to scope dimensions to view it cropped. Horrible as that may seem to most HTFers, it's not a mistake but an extra option, and you should have no problem watching it in its correct OAR if you wish.
------------------
Gerardo

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Gerardo
I think it's an encoding problem. I don't call having to go through all I went through to figure the problem out a feature. I support OAR it's all I watch in. I try and convert people to OAR but if people want P&S then that's fine they can have it. There is NO reason a disc should do what it did. After talking to a reviewer friend of mine he tells me he had a problem with an Artisan title and that it was determined that there was a problem with a flag on the disc.
Perhaps problem is not how I'd describe it then but there is NO reason that should be doing what it did. As for the picture appearing cropped at 1.85:1 it didn't. It seemed the composistion was a bit off but when looked at side by side at 2.35:1 and 1.85:1 the differences were minor if present at all. If it's considered an option I should be notified on the packaging of the disc. This problem showed on multiple panasonic players I tested and it can't be just luck that they'd all have that one setting configured wrong. Something is up with this disc. It doesn't affect the US disc so you guys shouldn't all be worried. I do have to get the word out to Canadians though as this problem may plague them.
M.

My player (sony-dvp-c670) is having problem with this canadian edition. My first copy was freezing at 2m15s in chapter 15 and the new copy is freezing in the alliance intro and after the end credits the player is stopping and flashing a message that I've never seen before ( C:13:00 ). I've tried the second copy on three other players and the only one able to play the alliance was my old sony dvp-s3000. Anybody else is having those problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks