What's new

Canadian channel "Space".... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I happen to check out the website for the tv channel "Space". They rerun some great old scifi shows. I am jealous of our Canadian brothers & sisters. They seem to be what Scifi channel used to be.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
They definitely satisfy the requirements for a sci-fi channel. They even try to obtain movies in widescreen format whenever possible. The last one was the Director's Cut of "Blade Runner".

This is one of those rare cases where the Canadian offering is much better than the American offering.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
It's funny. I used to HATE "Space", as it was considered to be a cheapo version of SciFi. SciFi was FAR superior.

I guess the scales flipped in the other direction...which still sucks. :thumbsdown:

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron

I've asked them about the discrepancies. They told me their biggest obstacle is the distributors. They're the ones who decide if a widescreen version of a movie or TV show will be made available to the station.

Daniel J.S.

Stunt Coordinator
What's great about SPACE is that we get UNCUT TOS reruns without the padding to 90 minutes that Sci-Fi apparently did. Take that you lousy Yankees! :p)

Christopher E

Stunt Coordinator

Hmmm that's interesting. I figured that since S4 was aired in widescreen in both the U.S., and U.K., getting a hold of widescreen broadcast tapes wouldn't be a problem for Space. I suppose they probably had a similar problem with getting widescreen broadcast tapes for firefly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks