What's new

Canadian Brotherhood of the Wolf (1 Viewer)

Han

Second Unit
I got this email yesterday:
====
Greetings from Amazon.ca!
We're sorry to report the release of the following item has
been cancelled:
"Brotherhood of the Wolf (Widescreen)"
Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it won't be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we've caused you.
We've cancelled this item from your order.
====
I don't usually follow the Software forum, but I did a search and didn't see anything relating to this here. I'd really rather not get the U.S. version without DTS.:frowning:

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
which version did you purchase? I noticed yesterday when I was browsing there that they had the TVA version for like CDN$37.00 and a Lions Gate version for like CDN$40.00. Both were listed as 3 disc sets, but the TVA had a running time that was 8 minutes longer.

Han

Second Unit
Not sure, because they both say Lions Gate. I just checked a couple of minutes ago. Neither have the title listed as "Brotherhood of the Wolf (Widescreen)" anymore, so I think I lost out on the pre-order discount on a technicality.:angry:
Amazon.ca really sucks now that I think about it. Clicking on "technical details" for DVDs never seem to show anything. And they don't honor my Borders Books credit card bonus like Amazon.com does. I guess I'm going to have to pay full price for the Canadian version, which I assume didn't really get cancelled. Any recommendations on an online store?

Jeff

Supporting Actor
The folks at Amazon.ca have no idea what they are doing. I also got this message with the Pulp Fiction CE DVD.

I think Amazon.ca is being run by robots...Robots that are in dire need of repair.

Jeff

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
The reason that one might say Lions Gate is because Lions Gate swallowed up TVA in a merger and now distribute TVA product. TVA used to have a distribution contract with Columbia Tristar but that changed a few months back and Lions Gate handles the distribution aspect now.

As for Amazon.ca, never dealt with them. The few times I place an order online, I use the US amazon

ashley c

Stunt Coordinator
amazon.ca and amazon.com reps are the same people. There is only 1 amazon.ca Canadian employee and he is not a csr. So in fact if you say your not dealing with .ca anymore only .com your still dealing with the same people.

Just fyi.

Manus

Second Unit
I've ordered this one from dv-depot.com http://www.dv-depot.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=129611 although there have been some complaints about the video quality because it contains English and french Dolby 5.1 tracks withe French dts track , a 2.0 track and 2 (french) commentaries , but it does have the longer cut and lots of extras (in French but with subtitles).
Unless the picture is completely shoddy I think it's the one to go for if you really like the film.
Manus

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
I Received The TVA Version Last Week From Laser's Edge & I'm Quite Satisfied With The Picture Quality & The French DTS Soundtrack Is Amazing.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Thanks Mark and Daryl,
I'm intriqued on the DTS soundtrack. I watched the film using the Universal release with the French 5.1 soundtrack and it sounded great. Could the DTS be even better?
Guess I'll have to order a TVA to find out.:D

John Geelan

Screenwriter
John The French DTS Soundtrack Will Change Your Life, Especially If You Have A Nice H. T. Set-Up.
Wow Daryl, the soundtrack on the Universal release is no slouch. My HT hasn't rocked like this in a long time. Even my family was concerned. My daughter wouldn't come into the house when she heard that Beast roar:D
My SVS 25-31 was really rockin'. In fact my 2 subs (Velo CT-120/SVS) have never sounded so in sync. It made my day!
If the DTS sounds better than that, I'm in. I put my order in today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks