What's new

Bortherhood of the Wolf 3-dis Canadian...some help.. (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Checked the search and found some discussion on Brotherhood of the Wolf but nothing on where a good place to buy it is. Been meaning to order it for awhile. Anyone have a good suggestion for an online retailer where I can order the 3-disc Canadian disc?

Thanks for any help, its appreciated.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
It appears this is getting a price drop this week:
Amazon.ca $25.87 cdn
DVDsoon $26.98 cdn

more at dvdpricesearch

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I paid $45 Canadian around the beginning of the year and was glad to get it. This is a substantial drop.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Is the Canadian version substantially better than the American release?

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
The Canadian version is the director's cut running at 150 min compared to the 144 min US version. The picture quality is slightly worse, but I don't know if that's enough reason to miss up on the extra footage and DTS track.

DVDFile review

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Aren't most of the extras in unsubtitled French? That's my recollection as to why I opted not to go for the Canadian set, but that's hearsay at best.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Mark, no - all the extras have subtitles except the commentary tracks.

I borrowed the Universal to compare it against my Canadian set on my 53" Pioneer set. I must admit, I found the differences between the two to be far less drastic than you would imagine from some people's comments.

The best review on this set I have read is this...

http://www.currentfilm.com/dvdreview...odtvadvd2.html

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I dont know if anyone is reading this that hasnt seen this film, but you owe it to yoruself to check this movie out. I bought it sight unseen based on all the positive comments I read online and I still was unprepared for this movie.

Never have I seen such a movie that successfully blends so many different styles of movie into one film. The story, acting, and action sequences are top notch, but they take a backseat to the cinematography and audio mix on this movie.

I only have the US version with the Dolby Digital 5.1 track, but I would still say this is one of the most aggressive Dolby tracks I own, and is far superior to many DTS tracks out there.

Whether you go for the US version or opt for the Canadian version, this film is highly recommended!!!!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the Amazon and DVDsoon links. I already have the American release but would like the extras and what not from the Canadian version. Thanks again.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
You're simply too late, Matt. Amazon is typically cheap on pre-orders, and this set was re-released at the lower price point on 10/28. So if you had ordered it before yesterday you would have had a 30% discount.....

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I see. That make sense.

I wasn't going to buy anyway, I was just confused about the differing prices.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Just an update. DVDSoon lowered their price to 24.98 CDN. Makes for slightly less than 20 American with free shipping. Hell of a deal, even if shipping takes a long time.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I have been hearing that the film PQ isn't as good as the american or original french version... Can anyone confirm this??

Thanks
R~

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Rhett,

Read the above posts to answer your question! In my opinion, the picture quality is above average, but is not on par with more recent "reference" quality titles like Matrix Reloaded, etc... The DTS track, however, is one of the best in my collection.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I have it...not reference, just OK, but then I use a 32" set...ive heard some suggest that the transfer looked like it was "phoned in" via satellite to the mastering facility in Canada...joke or not im not sure....but they had a bit budget hampered by including the unecessary Dolby English track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks