Can you recommend an internet speaker source?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob-Smith, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Bob-Smith

Bob-Smith Agent

Please advise of good experiences with on-line JBL speaker dealers that you would recommend. I have seen references to JandR, and Dynadirect. Any others?

2. parin_patel

parin_patel Stunt Coordinator

I bought my speakers from J&R and was very happy with the customer service and the price I paid for them. From what I've heard, BestPriceAudioVideo.com and OneCall are also great places (good prices and service) to buy speakers and other home theater equipment.

3. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

i know right now jandr is offering free shipping on jbl stuff, so thats a pretty solid reason to look there. i dont know if the other places are too, but they might be

4. BryantF

BryantF Auditioning

Yeah, free shipping makes J&R worthwhile. You have to take that into account, especially on heavy items (floorstanders or subs).

Otherwise, I found pretty good prices at etronics.com.. cheapest prices and reputable store. Buy.com also is good for non-californians, and they have free shipping too. Some of their speakers were expensive, but their stands were well-priced.

5. parin_patel

parin_patel Stunt Coordinator

Etronics.com has some good prices, and I was considering to purchase my JBL speakers from them initially. However, I decided not to since they were not authorized dealers for JBL. In the end I called J&R (an autorized dealer) who price-matched Etronics and I wound up ordering from them. I didn't get the free shipping offer then, but it still worked out to be a pretty good deal.