Can we live in a world where Buddy Miller labors in relative obscurity?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Stu Rosen, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Stu Rosen

Stu Rosen Second Unit

Perhaps that's exaggerating, but as I sit here listening to his new CD, "Universal United House of Prayer," I can't imagine anyone not loving this music.

I saw him and Julie Miller last year in NY (w/Emmylou Harris coming on for a few numbers) in the snug confines of Zankel Hall, and I count it as one of my favorite concert experiences.

2. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

it is a fantastic record front to back

3. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Now run out and by "Spyboy," Emmylou's live album from a few years ago, and hear some of Buddy's superb stuff. He's been nicknamed (not sure by whom, probably Daniel Lanois) the "Memphis Edge," and that particular live set is good supportive evidence. Also, check out the terrific albums he's done w/ Julie.

4. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Supporting Actor

post deleted

5. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

I love Buddy and Julie Miller but unfortenetly it kind of ends for me with Buddy's solo work. I'm not the big country fan and thats what he does....I'm actually waiting for another Julie release.

Is his new disc not as country sounding than others in the past? I know Buddy & Julie influence (and compliment) each other very well but I prefer Julies rock side more to Buddie's country side.

I have heard that a new disc should be out soon for Julie or maybe it will be a collaberation like their 2001 disc Buddy and Julie Miller.

Believe it or not, it was nominated for a grammy but lost out to (who else) but Bob Dylan.

6. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Supporting Actor

also deleted