What's new

Can we live in a world where Buddy Miller labors in relative obscurity? (1 Viewer)

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
Perhaps that's exaggerating, but as I sit here listening to his new CD, "Universal United House of Prayer," I can't imagine anyone not loving this music.

I saw him and Julie Miller last year in NY (w/Emmylou Harris coming on for a few numbers) in the snug confines of Zankel Hall, and I count it as one of my favorite concert experiences.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Now run out and by "Spyboy," Emmylou's live album from a few years ago, and hear some of Buddy's superb stuff. He's been nicknamed (not sure by whom, probably Daniel Lanois) the "Memphis Edge," and that particular live set is good supportive evidence. Also, check out the terrific albums he's done w/ Julie.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I love Buddy and Julie Miller but unfortenetly it kind of ends for me with Buddy's solo work. I'm not the big country fan and thats what he does....I'm actually waiting for another Julie release.

Is his new disc not as country sounding than others in the past? I know Buddy & Julie influence (and compliment) each other very well but I prefer Julies rock side more to Buddie's country side.

I have heard that a new disc should be out soon for Julie or maybe it will be a collaberation like their 2001 disc Buddy and Julie Miller.

Believe it or not, it was nominated for a grammy but lost out to (who else) but Bob Dylan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks