What's new

Can someone recommend the best DUNE(Theatrical)? (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I see 3 cool-looking German versions and the new UK version on Amazon.de; ive checked our archives but no real reviews.

There has been a rumor of one out here R1, this fall, but dang! its getting a little late for them not to have announced it by now;
---
Which has:

the best transfer? (16x9 of course)
the best all around package of extras? ( I dont need the TV version)
price?

thanks much for any help.

Roger_R

Second Unit
Here's a review of one of the German editions: http://www.lynchnet.com/dune/dvdrevi...ollection.html
I've heard they are mostly the same. One of the problems are that they put both 5.1 and 2.0, English and German tracks on the disc. And also, as you can see, the majority of the extras can be found for free on the internet :)

If the 2 disc UK edition you're talking about is this one, then I would like to recommend it. It comes with a documentary about Dune, trailers, short clip with Frank Herbert and an old promotional film called Destination Dune. It's all in a nice-looking cover with a 32 page booklet with artwork and a lot of info about the making of the movie.
The movie itself is in 16x9, and I think it looks great. Though bear in mind, my only source of comparison is an old P&S VHS copy :)
The DVDs have no region coding, but I guess you need PAL-compatible equipment to play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks