What's new

Can ProScan PS8680Z play Divx? (1 Viewer)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
I contacted a bidder on EBay today to let make sure that he knew that the Divx disc he was bidding on could no longer be played as of June 30th (though officially, discs were able to be played until July 8th from what I understand), and he wrote me back saying...
I have never heard of this. Is this guy right? Does the ProScan PS8680Z actually play Divx discs?
If so, this might be an answer to the poor saps who bought into Divx, and can no longer watched their beloved (and pan & Scan) discs. Does anyone know for sure?
------------------
rfloto.gif

James Q Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
I have a ProScan PS8680Z. Not only is it one of the best DVD's made, it also plays DIVX, CD video and MP3 as well. But thanks anyway.
The guy is lying.DIVX is unplayable on anything right now as far as I know. Also the Proscan 8680 does not play Video CDs either, as no DIVX players had this feature. Lastly, the machine does in no way play MP3s.
------------------
-JQJ

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
lying said:
I wrote him back and told him that he would probably have better luck trying to retract his bid...
Thanks for confirming my belief that we have seen the last of Divx discs...
------------------
rfloto.gif

James Q Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe that was a little harsh.....
redface.gif
frown.gif

------------------
-JQJ
[Edited last by James Q Jenkins on August 01, 2001 at 03:14 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks