What's new

can I use two pairs of floor speakers for hts? (1 Viewer)

Tony Ly

Auditioning
I recently have purchased a pair of E80 FLOOR AND PB10 speakers this summer. I loved the designed and sound quality of your speakers. I have a hometheatre system ......theyare HK AVR-230 receivers, sony tv & DVD.....
I am looking to replace my rear speakers in the next few days.... Another pair of E80 FLR SPEAKERS is top of on my list.... Problem, most rears speakers are recommended to hang 2-3 feet above ear level(while sitting down).
If I buy another pear of floor standing speakers, what are my advantages and disadvantages.

JBL fan,Hi Jason,

Thank you for quick response and suggestions.
Last question: Movie: Black Hawks Down
eg...a scene of five helicopters flying above....what kind of sound effect will hear? Do/will I have the same effect as speakers that were hang in the celing/wall?
Tony

--------------------------
Speaker placement suggestions are given generically because all rooms are different and most use smaller speakers in the rear. There is no disadvantage, only performance advantages in going to the floor standing model.

Jason Zidle
Marketing Communications Manager

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
If I buy another pear of floor standing speakers, what are my advantages and disadvantages.
enerally, you want your rears above your head so that the sound has a more "diffused" quality. if the rear speaker is directly aimed at your head it may be too intrusve and could "pull you away" from the screen.

however, if you ever get into multi-channel audio, it will be an asset to have the same speakers at ear level. heck, most people actually recommend you use the same model speaker all the way around anyway.

aren't the E80's pretty tall? i wonder if you could somehow elevate them?

anyway, try it out and see what works for you. you may even like the way they sound at ear-level...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks