What's new

Can I salvage my Monitor? (1 Viewer)

Will Bla**

Auditioning
I have a high resolution TV monitor that I bought in '88.

It is a JVC model AV 2637S. The monitor has been a great investment. But I am about to upgrade to a widescreen. But I would like to keep the JVC.

My problem is the JVC has developed a tendency to shade every light color in green. Basically the scenes are a wash in the color of lime green (unless the picture is overwhelmed with another color).

I was wondering if my tube has gone south or can I have a technician fix this? It would be a huge saving if I could retain the TV. I have a very large VHS collection most of which were recorded off of cable.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Given that it's a 1988 model and that it's doing this (indicating major internal failure), the JVC is about to, as you say, go south. Not worth fixing.

Will Bla**

Auditioning
Thanks.

If I were looking to replace this monitor, what monitor should I go with? What is the equivalent to High resolution in todays technology?

BTW, I already intend to purchase a wide screen CRT. But I want a monitor like I already have for my old video tapes.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
When JVC said "high resolution" regarding this display, it was doing marketing. It's a 480i, standard-def display, pure and simple.

Today, you want to go with genuine "high-definition TV." And there are so many formats from which to choose. So, there are a number of HD-capable, 27-inch direct-view sets that you could use for those purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks