What's new

Can Dish add an HD/SD option into the timer controls for the Dish 6000 receiver? (1 Viewer)

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
I don't have any way of recording a signal from the HD outputs of my Dish 6000, and I frequently set the timers to timeshift record some programs.
My problem is with remembering to leave the receiver in the SD mode when I have it set to record! On more than once ocassion, I've returned home only to find that I'd recorded an hour of nothing because the receiver was still in HD mode!
Could they add an HD/SD switch in the timer control, so the receiver can change to the correct mode when it the timer kicks in?
I recall, when I first received the Dish 6000 receiver, it would automatically jump into SD mode. This seams to have gone away, when they released the v690 firmware.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Want to join me in a writing campaign? Have any e-mail addresses that we can make this request to Dish?
Thanks,
Spence
------------------
SpenceJT
http://personalpages.tds.net/~spencejt
"Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried"

CRyan

Screenwriter
You need to make sure that you are not checking the HDVCR option. My 6000 always auto-switches to SD mode when recording programs.
C. Ryan

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
Thanks CRyan, but I have just tried it, and it doesn't work on mine.
I've never checked the HD-VCR box when setting up a timed event to record. My Dish 6000 receiver doesn't automatically switch to SD.
Could there be some setting that I have wrong somewhere else in the system?
Spence
------------------
SpenceJT

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
Thanks Guys!
I've tested just programming the timer. The only way it will automatically drop down to SD mode is if I use the "VCR" timer.
I was hoping that I could also have it switch to SD in the "auto-tune" mode.
If I want to record, I guess I'm using the "VCR" mode of the timer to drop it down to SD mode.
Thanks again,
Spence
------------------
SpenceJT

CRyan

Screenwriter
I am glad that you figured it out. I have always just used the VCR timer, so I never had a problem. It does look like it would switch for the other options as well.
C. Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks