Can anyone tell me what is the OAR for "The Medusa Touch DVD"?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John*C, May 25, 2004.

1. John*C

John*C Stunt Coordinator

I see that "The Medusa Touch"1978 is coming out soon, this was a good Richard Burton~Lee Remick film also stars Lino Ventura and Harry Andrews as the chief inspector while Alan Badel plays a english lawyer. This is the film that had a Boing 747 crash into a building simular to the WTC, I wonder if they got the idea from this movie to bomb the two buildings!

2. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    The only info that the IMDB has on the film is that it's 35mm. It doesn't say if it's Super35, or Hard Matted, or Soft Matted. The R2 DVD is 1.33:1, and I can't find info on the R1 DVD.

3. John*C

John*C Stunt Coordinator

That's correct I am buying it with "The Warriors" 1979, OAR 1.85:1, and "The Wild Geese" OAR 1:85:1 both with monaural sound. I just have to have this one in wide screen. There were more stars in that movie than are in the sky starting with Richard Burton, Richard Harris, Roger More, Hardy Krueger...with Stuart Granger being the heavy. "Raise the Titanic" anamorphic 1.85:1 and "britannic" is now mine along with the great John Barry Score in "Raise the Titanic" and although the disc cover art says mono, there was talk it was actually a 4.0 DS. The talk is correct as is "The Final Cut" with Sam Elliott and Charles Martin Smith. [​IMG]

4. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    Yes, this is a really under-rated movie, with a great score and a great performance from Burton.

I can't be specific but I saw this several times in the cinema when it first came out. It was always being used as one half of a double feature (remember them ?).

Anyway, the OAR was certainly no wider than 1.85 :1 and quite possibly even 1.66 :1.
    The R2 Carlton DVD is indeed 1.33:1 but - whilst not ideal - there is certainly nothing significant missing from the picture.

5. John*C

John*C Stunt Coordinator

Anthony yes I remember them I also remember seeing a 3 Stooges 'short' with the movie for 25c.[​IMG]

6. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Stunt Coordinator

Last time I saw it on TV, it was 1.85:1.