Can anyone help!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by BrettyAus, Jan 5, 2006.

1. BrettyAus

BrettyAus Auditioning

Wondering if someone could help I have been into home theatre for about 10 years now never needed help until now.
    I have just got a high def set top box and have been told to get full high def you must use component or vga.
    Unfortunetly my projector does not have component as it is about 6 years old and in top condition so havent wanted to update as it cost alot of cash and still gives a great picture it is a davis dp x16.
    So i have gone vga but the picture is very poor and it is green only must have something to do with the cord as i was running through s video and it was fine but wasent high def.
    if anyone could can help would be great.

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

What's the native resolution of the projector? You won't get better than that, regardless.

3. Brian Osborne

Brian Osborne Stunt Coordinator

Looks like this projector only has S-Video, Composite, and VGA. VGA input is going to be your best bet.
    Depending on what type of components you have in the rest of your setup, you can get a converter to go from DVI to VGA for instance.
    A product like this
    http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/v...-vis-3000.html
    might be just what you are after.

4. BrettyAus

BrettyAus Auditioning

Thanks for the reply here is what you asked for-
    Native: 1024x768 Pixels
    Maximum: 1280x1024 Pixels
    Aspect Ratio: 4:3 (XGA

5. BrettyAus

BrettyAus Auditioning

Yes the projector only has s-video composite and vga the rest of my gear has all that as well as component but cant use them with this projector.
    Will look into the coverter thanks.