What's new

Can anyone help me? What kind of cables are these? (1 Viewer)

raoC

Stunt Coordinator
Whats up guys. I have a huge noob question. I got some audio equipment from my dad and I have no idea what these cables are? Are they SACD audio cables? One is a monster cable and one is a cobalt cable. Thanks in advance!

penchuin

Auditioning
Real Name
Penchuin
I think this is the mixture ofb different type of cables
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
They look like a DB25 to six RCA cable. Certain surround processors and amplifiers in the early-mid 90's used a DB25 connection for their six channel output or input. These cables would allow you to use the DB25 jack of that component with standard RCA jacks. It makes for easier connection on the one end, but that's about it. If your equipment is from this century, you'll likely have no use for the cables.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
The other almost looks like a bastardization of pro equipment to consumer -- the one with the 8 RCAs. SDI and HD-SDI video can support embedded 8 track digital audio. Often on the back of a D-A box will be a DB-25 or something with balanced out - which often fans to T/R/S (¼" head-phone-like) or XLR. Not unbalanced RCAs!

What are the marks on the RCA-ends? Depending on how they're labeled, that might help identification.

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks