What's new

Calibration In Saskatchewan (1 Viewer)

Trevor S

Grip
Hey guys,

I just picked up a pair of Monitor 7's to complete my 5.1 system and now its time to calibrate. Do you guys use Avia or VE? If so, is there any place nearby to get these discs without paying $80.

I have heard of a "Sound and Vision disc" at Future Shop. Has anyone used this? How does it compare?

I dont have much money after the speaker purchase so I am trying to do this with as little cash as possible.

Thanks for the help,

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Trevor where is saskatchewan are you? There are quite a few folks from sask that post regularily...I'm sure if you ask nicely you could borrow one of their discs...FYI I've used VE and Avia and b.t the two I prefer Avia. Your best bet if you want to buy one though is to buy it online and have it shipped up here since you're right its $$$$ up here for some reason.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Sound & Vision disc works just fine. I picked it up for $14 US, and have seen it on sale for $12.

Trevor S

Grip
Thanks guys,

I didn't realize A&B sound would order Avia. I may have to give that a try. Unless.... As Andrew mentioned. Someone in S'toon would be willing to lend out their Avia disk for a couple hours or so.

Thanks again,

Trev

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Trevor send me an email and I'll hook you up with a couple of friends in toontown that should be able to help you out.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Was that a hint ;)
I'm not keen on lending it out. But I'd be willing to come over with it and an SPL meter for an hour or two sometime after 1pm on the 15th or any day after that for about a week (after the week I'll be in crunch time for two more finals, after which I'd be willing again).
If you don't want to wait or don't want me over, give Andrew an email and he'll hook you up with a few others who may be willing to lend.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Where can the sound and vision disc be found? I'm in the Toronto area. Can it be found on the web? Anywhere else?

Greg_W

Stunt Coordinator
The Future Shop in Winnipeg is stocking them, maybe they have them in stock in Toronto as well.

Trevor S

Grip
Thanks Andrew and Dustin,

Dustin,

I may take you up on your offer. But I will hold off until after your finals. As a U of S grad myself, I totally understand. I will let you know what I decide then.

Later,

Derek_O

Grip
If you want to try VE I've got one. I'll be in Saskatoon the 13th and 14th if you want to try it.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
$75 was their original price. I think I saw on the monitor when I was there that their cost was $53. I think I lucked out with the guy I was talking to. I wanted to get them down to at least $65. But when his first comeback to "$75 was too high" was $55, I said done deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.