What's new

cables: hole in the wall/ceiling or jacks? (1 Viewer)

James Gumbart

Stunt Coordinator
Jacks appears to be an expensive (and possibly hard-to-find for dvi) option but it's also a much cleaner look. Plus I expect to be selling the house in 5-6 years as well, and there's no guarantees the buyer would be interested in the theater as part of the package.

Has anyone done jacks for component, dvi, etc.? Or does everyone just leave a small hole that they run through (both at the projector and equipment)?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I am doing both. There are some cables (like DVI) where I will be running them through a trimmed out hole. In areas where I am running one cable through, I am running them all through. There are other areas Where I will be using a combination. Look at Extron Cable Cubbies for floor or wall panels, Panel crafters (Liberty Cable) has just about any type termination that you could want on a trim plate.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Two reasons. The first is cost. DVI cables aren't cheap. One long calbe is cheaper than a short and long cable. Length can be an issue with DVI cables, so by avoiding two cables and keeping the run to a single cable (kept as short as possible) you should have a good signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks