What's new
World Wide Stereo

Cable TV into a a/v reciever (1 Viewer)

awells85

Grip
Real Name
tony wells
Hey Fellas,
Looking for some help. I'm going to buy this http://insigniaproducts.com/products/home-audio/NS-HTIB51A.html its just a basic surround sound for a small room. I have an epson powerlite S1 projector no HDMI or coax inputs on it. I'm wondering what the best way to run cable tv to the projector would be. I've heard that there are no A/V receivers that can take a coax from the wall into the receiver it self and send it to a projector. I guess I could rent another cable box but I was trying to avoid that. I see on the back of this surround sound unit it does have 1 coax input but is that for another source? Thanks for the help Tony

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
That is a digital coax connection, not what you are wanting to do.

My only guess would be an as-basic-as-possible cable box.

awells85

Grip
Real Name
tony wells
Ok so it looks like cox is going to suck some more money out of me monthly then lol. Just thought I would check in and ask. Thanks

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Unfortunately, I can't think of any part that would help. Since you already have Cable service, you could use a QAM tuner to pass it along, but those are a tad bit of dough, and won't get you all the channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks