What's new

cable connectors (1 Viewer)

John David

Auditioning
Am I gaining anything by using a cable connector into the speakers and reciever or can I just strip the wire and shove it in and tighten it down?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What is a cable connector? What speakers? Bare wire works just fine, any connectors are just for convenience.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Yeah, in fact, many people swear by bare wire. The connector can't improve upon the signal's performance, but it adds a tremendous amount of convenience if you switch out HT components frequently.

Frank-G

Auditioning
What about 'tinning' the ends? That is, soldering the ends so that the individual wires don't frey and break.

Any thoughts?

Frank

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Some people say that it colorizes the sound out of the speakers but I'm guessing if you use that high quality WBT solder from parts express - that's not so much anyways, you'll have no issues of that w/ tinning. Also some people like using gold spray on their lines too - supposedly adds connectivity.

But w/ all these added costs, it just might be cheaper to purchase premade StarQuad wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks