What's new

Bye, bye Live.... (1 Viewer)

Mario_Y

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I don't know how much Live I'll be playing after KOTOR comes out. Looks great, sounds great...why couldn't it be Live?! I wonder how it'll stack up against Galaxies?

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
But one is massively multiplayer and one is not. One can focus all the story and attention on one player and the other one throws you out into a community of a zillion people. It's a completely different genre, like comparing an fps to a driving game. Well, almost.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
But an MMORPG and a stand-alone RPG are 2 entirely different animals, and play entirely differently. Apples and oranges.

Mario_Y

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, apples and oranges are closer. But, if one wanted to play a character in the SW universe, interacting with other SW characters, one has two choices here, correct?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
But, if one wanted to play a character in the SW universe, interacting with other SW characters, one has two choices here, correct?
One is set thousands of years before the movies of course...

I'm not being picky or pedantic (not that I ever am...), but they really are different styles of game. Same "universe", yes. Very different playstyles, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks