What's new

Buy.com Phone Number? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hi all,

Every now and then, I'll risk pre-ordering something at Buy.com. This time, First I accidentally ordered it twice, so I cancelled one. Second, on the day the pre-sale ended and the item was released, I found it was on order. So, rather than wait 10 days or so for them to get it in, I tried to cancell it and just get it at the store...

However, 11 days later, it still says Cancellation requested, and hasn't changed. I've searched all over for a phone number to get an update, or to cancel it in person, but I can't find one...

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
I had a problem a while back and could not find the number so I emailed my question and got back a replay to my question and also that Buy.com's customer service was now only by Email.

kd

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hmm, that's kind of shady. Especially considering that I just got a standard automated response in answer to my email....

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Buy.com's cancellation policy is ridiculous and insulting, and their "customer service" is horrible. I used to be a huge Buy.com fan. I ordered almost all of my DVDs from them for several months. I stopped buying from Buy.com about a year ago because of their cancellation policy and their service. What happened was, I ordered "The Rock: Criterion Collection" from them which, according to their web site, was in stock. 2 Days later it still had not shipped and the their web site showed the DVD was now "on order". I found the DVD locally (for $4.00 less) and bought it. I spent nearly 2 weeks trying to get them to cancel it. It took many, many emails and phone calls. What really pissed me off was they didn't even have the product in stock, and seemed to be unable to get it (2 weeks after the release date), yet they would not cancel the item! Most of the email responses were form emails, and when I called (this was back when you could still call) they wouldn't budge for the longest time. That was one of the worst online experiences I've ever had.
When it was all said and done, I sent them a letter detailing my complaints with their service. Their response was to sent me a coupon for $10.00 off my next purchase "in exchange for my inconvience". They didn't address a single issue that I rasied concerning their service. I wrote them back, told them to shove the coupon and I made them remove all my credit card and account data from their system.
I will never buy from Buy.com again. There is no reason to when there are quality online merchants, like DVD Planet, who are honest and fair.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
To answer Neil's question.

BUY.COM

Hours of Operation(MST): M-F 7AM-7PM, Sat 8AM-noon

Sales Hotline # 1-888-880-1030, unlisted # 1-877-780-2464

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hmm, thanks for the phone number. If all of their service is done by email, lets see if it still works...

I'll keep you updated on my progress...

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Gads, that sounds almost as bad as mine.

I can't beleive that a pre-order item was suddenly, on order, and it's now been a little over a week and a half.

I'll have to check out that website you mentioned, and if it's half as good as I've been hearing, I'll ask them to wipe clean my buy.com account info...

Andre F

Screenwriter
Sales Hotline # 1-888-880-1030, unlisted # 1-877-780-2464
Are these numbers still active? I'm having a problem with an order and....nevermind I'm speaking to rep right now!

Ugghhh....I placed an order and didn't receive the most expensive item (or course). I called and they said I have to call back tomorrow and they will have to file a claim. This can't take anywhere from 5-14 days to get resolved (I'm sure it will take longer). I feel like I went into a store handed a cashier $60.00 and left with nothing...

I will NEVER order from Buy.com again, this is my second problem with them. Forget the three strikes....it's two in my book!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>Forget the three strikes....it's two in my book!>>

With me, it only took one. About 1.5 months later, we finally got things resolved(The very problem that started this note). All because of their shitty cancellation policy, and bad 'in stock'; 'out of stock' site updating...

Andre F

Screenwriter
I got call yesterday from Bu.com and they said they are going to ship me the missing item (free of charge).

1. Let's see if I get it...

2. I wonder how long it will take?

3. It's been in 'sent to wharehouse' status for a while now...

Andre F

Screenwriter
Just a quick update, I ended up receiving the missing product in few days. However, with this kind of service I'm swearing off Buy.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks