What's new

Buy.com and customer support........ (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I understand that there have been recent upsets with Buy.com but no longer allowing direct phone contact for customer service is unacceptable. Live customer was one reason that I've always purchased from Buy.com and the lack of the it the reason I avoided other stores.
The need to return an unopened DVD has come up and all I really wanted was an RMA number. After emailing the website I get a canned response withing 2 hours telling me that it is too late and that the order has already shipped, blah blah blah. It provides a link to get instructions on returning unopened merchandise that hasn't worked since receiving the message. Calling the toll-free number that I wrote down a while back just tells me to look on their website for help.
I can always take the DVD to a b&m store and exchange it. But my point is that hiting the delete key on live customer support is going to turn off some people perhaps enough to avoid buy.com in the future.
Is Buy.com singing it's swan song?
Thump!!

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
they still do have a phone number, they just don't list it on the site. I got this from the Better Business Bureau web site. They are only in till about 8 pm I think, but it is better than nothing.
(877) 780-2464
not that I will be buying anything else from them any time soon.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Howdy there Eric;
That number worked and I got my RMA for the DVD. Thanks a million.
------------------
Recently, we sneaked into the Klingon's engine and replaced dilithium crystals with new Folger's Crystals.

Patrick Bennett

Stunt Coordinator
I'll never buy DVD's from Buy.com again.
I ordered Unbreakable and Vertical Limit from them on the 1st because they had great prices for both discs. By the 9th (!) they still hadn't shipped! I cancelled the items on the 9th and bought the titles locally.
Well, what do you know, they shipped them to be on the 13th. 12 days after ordering - AND - after I told them to cancel the order!
They later said the order wasn't cancelled because it had already 'entered the shipping system.' Of course, it entered the shipping system on the 2nd - it just took 11 more days for it to actually ship!
Never, ever, ever again.
------------------
The Bennett Home Theater: Link Removed

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
One upon a time I would make a pre-order and without fail it would ship at a date that ended up having the dvd in my hands on the weekend prior to the actual release date.
They weren't always the cheapest, but their service was good and trouble free.
I've had it with them.
------------------
Recently, we sneaked into the Klingon's engine and replaced dilithium crystals with new Folger's Crystals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks